Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 213271 times)

Offline ty55101

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 17, 2016, 08:32:59 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a new bug report, but I couldn't find it anywhere and there wasn't anything about it on the wiki.

The Fuel Harvester-specific order "Unload Fuel at Colony and Move to Gas Giant With Sorium" (or something like that) very consistently does not work.  The harvesters will travel to the nearest colony to unload fuel - usually an asteroid mining base, but that's fine, I can send tankers and the Harvesters should be harvesting anyway - but then they won't go back to the Gas Giant.  They will inform me that they completed their orders and just sit there.  I have to manually tell them to go back to the Gas Giant, and I really prefer a more automated system.  A solution to my problem here is to leave the Harvesters sitting at the Gas Giant and send tankers back and forth directly to and from them, but that doesn't mean that the original order isn't broken.

I'm not sure why this is the case.  I can only speculate that it has something specifically to do with my computer or my install of the game.  I feel like someone else would have reported it if it affected other people.  Pretty much everyone uses Fuel Harvesters, right?

I believe you are using primary and secondary orders. If you are, the secondary only takes effect when the primary cannot be achieved ie. if it is move to nearest colony and there are not colonies in the system. So since your primary is to unload fuel 90% of fuel at colony it will continuously try to do that instead of activating the secondary order.
More guns = more funs

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #451 on: June 25, 2016, 09:11:18 PM »
Unfortunately, it seems my game, currently, is un-advancable. To elaborate, for whatever reason, at the currently saved increment, trying to progress the increment by any amount, even a tiny amount, seems to lock up the entire aurora process; the turn never resolves.
I'll upload the databases, or at least, I think these are the files I need to upload.
Version is 7.10, using the Portable Launcher Utility.
The only oddity I know within besides the hard freeze is that the enemies that I was engaging at the time were Contact Lost (normal for restarting the game, with the annoying circumstance of causing missiles to lose target though), but are listed as lost two seconds prior, an increment which isn't a multiple of five like the rest of the game is

EDIT: Oh, yeah, for clarity, the campaign I was running at the time is the "Vulverein Visark" world.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:13:25 PM by iceball3 »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #452 on: June 25, 2016, 09:55:13 PM »
Try turning sensors to disable without player presence. Or space time bubble the system that battle was in. I'm interested to see what the last line visible in the event log is but don't have access to a PC to load the game up yet.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #453 on: June 26, 2016, 01:50:00 AM »
I changed sensors from "None without presence" to "Normal in all systems".

Seems like it might be an issue in a TG's orders. Hm.

I do hope it didn't save into this though, it seems to be stuck in a loop.

Edit: Seems to be fixed. Misuse of the "Cycle orders" box, especially with a small number of orders, can be dangerous, so it's good I got that sorted out now!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:29:53 AM by iceball3 »

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #454 on: July 05, 2016, 05:48:28 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not.
I captured an alien colony with a 0 population on Luna, so it had a conquered political state, then without me noticing the civilian merchants landed 2 million colonists on the moon of the imperial (human) race, these people hence have a conquered political status but are my native citizens who were moved in after the battle. I suspect it is not a bug just an odd behaviour

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #455 on: July 06, 2016, 04:02:29 PM »
My apologies if this has been reported by this topic has 31 pages, which is too much to check.

In my current campaign two of my powers have recovered compressed fuel storage. In both cases however the devices failed to show themselves on the industrial tab, which meant I have not received them and cannot study them.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #456 on: July 06, 2016, 07:12:46 PM »
My apologies if this has been reported by this topic has 31 pages, which is too much to check.

In my current campaign two of my powers have recovered compressed fuel storage. In both cases however the devices failed to show themselves on the industrial tab, which meant I have not received them and cannot study them.
From ruins or from wrecks?

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #457 on: July 06, 2016, 07:18:46 PM »
From ruins or from wrecks?

Ruins in both cases.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #458 on: July 07, 2016, 02:00:07 PM »
Absorption Shields are not shown in the "View Technology" tab. This also means you cannot make them obsolete so they clutter the design window.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #459 on: July 07, 2016, 02:29:05 PM »
Absorption Shields are not shown in the "View Technology" tab. This also means you cannot make them obsolete so they clutter the design window.
You can click "obsolete" with it selected in the ship design window. Also, they show up with the standard shields in the technology window.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

The following users thanked this post: Haji

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #460 on: July 07, 2016, 02:35:35 PM »
You can click "obsolete" with it selected in the ship design window.

Didn't know about that. Thanks.

Also, they show up with the standard shields in the technology window.

Unfortunately not in my case. I checked. Still since I can obsolete them anyway, it's not that relevant.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #461 on: July 08, 2016, 03:31:45 PM »
Espionage teams.
I created a colony on an alien held world and deployed an espionage team on it, it happily spied on the aliens and I forgot about it. I then conquered the aliens , I did not however close down my old colony or stop the espionage teams operating. Then I got a message that an espionage team had been killed in action and at the same time got a report that I had killed an espionage team of an unknown race on that planet. It looks like my espioange team continued to spy on the former alien colony even after it became one of my colonies, and then got killed by me

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #462 on: July 08, 2016, 03:59:38 PM »
Espionage teams.
I created a colony on an alien held world and deployed an espionage team on it, it happily spied on the aliens and I forgot about it. I then conquered the aliens , I did not however close down my old colony or stop the espionage teams operating. Then I got a message that an espionage team had been killed in action and at the same time got a report that I had killed an espionage team of an unknown race on that planet. It looks like my espioange team continued to spy on the former alien colony even after it became one of my colonies, and then got killed by me
At least you know your counter-espionage is functional?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #463 on: July 09, 2016, 01:42:52 AM »
Half the team went rogue and counter espionaged the other half.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #464 on: July 10, 2016, 04:44:14 PM »
Half the team went rogue and counter espionaged the other half.

Team leaders name wasn't Jason Bourne by any chance?
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.