Author Topic: 3.2? Suggestions  (Read 4469 times)

Offline Charlie Beeler (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
3.2? Suggestions
« on: August 14, 2008, 02:41:47 PM »
An option to retain system and body names with creating a new race/empire from SMRace.  

example:  I have an SMRace and used spacemaster function Add Sol System.  Then using Create Empire on the F9 screen on Earth,  I'd like the option to retain the Sol System name and all the system body names.  This way all empires that I setup with Earth as the homeworld have the same names for that system.  All new systems can be independently named.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Charlie Beeler »
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Planetary interaction and exploration and combat..
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 02:29:05 PM »
Planetary Hexagonal map,for exploration,fog map,for encounter same as traveller land encounters,for build up and for goingo more deep into Aurora universe..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by waresky »

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 12:47:11 PM »
The ability to target missiles using passive sensor data.  

Example.  A scout (fighter/gunboat/ship/etc) has a thermal contact.  Missile platform is in range with a missile that has a thermal sensor.  Contact shows as a valid to assign target.  The launch platform can use it's missile control to generally guide the missile into it's own acquisition range but the missile must be able to takeover for terminal guidance.  

Same idea for EM missiles.  

A veriant of this could be used for recon's as well.  Instead of terminal guidance, recons could be set to stand-off X distance as we do with task group commands.  (ie recons launched at a waypoint with orders to follow first passive target X distance)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Charlie Beeler »
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 02:41:49 PM »
Some IDIOTS Civilians FLEET STUCK into some system,jump and jump and jump go and in..go and return in same system,probably for lack in fuel or supply..

make possibility to ERASE CIVILIAN Fleet or control directly.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 03:35:17 PM »
Quote from: "waresky"
Some IDIOTS Civilians FLEET STUCK into some system,jump and jump and jump go and in..go and return in same system,probably for lack in fuel or supply..

make possibility to ERASE CIVILIAN Fleet or control directly.

I think Steve has already addressed this for 3.2
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Doug Olchefske

• Petty Officer
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 09:28:47 AM »
Turn off the ability of active sensors to gain tech information.

Can you provide a switch on the game screen? I'd rather not have active sensors automatically give tech data, but I still want to use active sensors.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Doug Olchefske »

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Politics COntrol and Laws in Aurora Government
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »
Dears.

I think upon some "Civilians" stupid actions.
Build ever and ever Colony without mercy:).

For an complete RolePlayingGame,politics and Laws was useful.

think a capabilities to "stop" or normalize some events..Trading,trade routes,Civilians building or some others thing.

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »
Some additions/changes for v3.2

You can now transfer ground units between races. So if the US wants to lend the Russians a couple of armour units to fight the Chinese, you can do so. Just remember to name them so know which ones to get back later. You can also transfer officers between races so you can send some along to command the ground units.

Meson Cannon are a little more expensive at lower levels in v3.2 and because they are precision weapons, they are restricted from firing at area targets such as ground forces or installations.

You can convert conventional industry to ordnance factories and fuel refineries (in addition to construction factories and mines)

I have changed the possible cybernetic rewards from ruins a little. Fewer missiles and maintenance facilities. A little more chance of research labs. You also have a small chance of spaceports and shipyards.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by SteveAlt »

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: 3.2? Suggestions
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 05:30:26 PM »
How about a listing in view tech screen (ship design) to allow us the option of obsoleting technologies like survey instruments, Salvage modules, Jump Gate construction speeds, armored fuel tanks, etc.  Those items that do not go through the design process to get an actual usable hardware for installation on ships.  I sometimes get tired of checking if I had clicked on the wrong generation of an item by mistake.

Brian

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 08:06:14 PM »
Brian,  You should be able to do that already throught the Ctl-F7 screen.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
Brian,  You should be able to do that already throught the Ctl-F7 screen.

Unfortunately this only works for a system that has gone through the design process.  Either the design systems, missiles, or turrets.  It does not do anything for systems that are direct from the tech reasearch tree.  Ie the armored fuel tanks, improved cargo handling facilities, various advanced survey instruments, etc.

That is what I would like to be able to obsolete.  It is a bit of a pain to have armored fuel tanks 1-6 on the screen, 3 different Grav sensors, 3 different Geo sensors, etc.  It both clutters up the screen, and make's it easy to click on an older version by accident.  

Brian

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 01:42:33 AM »
It is doable from the F2 Research tab. Mid-upper right side, above the queue.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 05:42:01 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
It is doable from the F2 Research tab. Mid-upper right side, above the queue.

Thanks
Brian

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 05:52:01 AM »
You might want to tone down the geologist teams abilities.  I started a team with a skill of 130, it now up to 200.  Without exausting the chance of improving the planet more I was able to take a standard starting homeworld, exaust half of the minerals and inside 12 years I now have every mineral available.  the lowest amount is 2.7 million tons with a max of 76 million tons.  The average amount of minerals in 18 million tons. The accessabilities have also gone up somewhat.  The average is .47 with 4 of the minerals being at .1, one at .2, one at .7, two at .8, two at .9 and one at 1.0.  Most of the high accessabilities started at .2-.3 accessability.  I think this is a little two strong.  A good team can be dropped on a planet with no minerals and within a decade the planet has most minerals with decent accessabilities.  ( I tried this earlier but did not write down the resutls)  One of the problems is that when a new mineral that was not present previously is found the accessability averages around a .5.  This is probably a little to high for a planet.

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 10:03:06 AM »
Quote from: "Brian"
You might want to tone down the geologist teams abilities.  I started a team with a skill of 130, it now up to 200.  Without exausting the chance of improving the planet more I was able to take a standard starting homeworld, exaust half of the minerals and inside 12 years I now have every mineral available.  the lowest amount is 2.7 million tons with a max of 76 million tons.  The average amount of minerals in 18 million tons. The accessabilities have also gone up somewhat.  The average is .47 with 4 of the minerals being at .1, one at .2, one at .7, two at .8, two at .9 and one at 1.0.  Most of the high accessabilities started at .2-.3 accessability.  I think this is a little two strong.  A good team can be dropped on a planet with no minerals and within a decade the planet has most minerals with decent accessabilities.  ( I tried this earlier but did not write down the resutls)  One of the problems is that when a new mineral that was not present previously is found the accessability averages around a .5.  This is probably a little to high for a planet.
They have been toned down considerably for v3.2 :)

I haven't used them in my current campaign yet because of their unbalancing effect.

Steve