Author Topic: I don't understand what Task Force Training does  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Foolcow (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
I don't understand what Task Force Training does
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »
Are the "TFT" points accumulated in this way something completely different from crew grade?  If so, what effect do they have?

I'm currently training a group in my home system, with the staff officers present on earth.  If, after training, the group goes to combat in a new system, will the staff need to be present in that system for the TFT points to have an effect?

Offline xeryon

• Captain
Re: I don't understand what Task Force Training does
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 09:37:41 PM »
The training stays with the ship regardless of the commander situation.  With a 100% trained crew there is no delay carrying out orders when an enemy is in range.  Untrained crews "panic" and can take several minutes to acknowledge new orders.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 04:03:58 AM »
Yes task force training is seperate from crew grade, and both are associated to individual ships and are unaffected by the absence of the task group HQ.

Crew grade represents the crews ability to perform tasks, better hit chances with beam weapons, shorter jump blindness, etc. Task force training represents their ability to carry out orders in a timely fashion, low training leads to things like missiles being fired off by individual ships at different times instead of the task group firing as one, slow reaction to change target/destination, etc.

There is no need for ships to be in the same system as their task group HQ, though they only recieve the various bonuses listed on the HQ screen if they are in the same system.

The following users thanked this post: ty55101

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 05:20:31 AM »
Make a note though, that refits and combat losses can reduce the overall training for the ship.

Offline IveGotNoIdea

• Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 05:25:29 AM »
What affects speed of TFT? I had a task force and some of the ships had around 80% TFT and other only 40%, they started training at the same time.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:05:06 AM »
Crew training rating of the officer assigned to a ship effects it, as does the training rating of the taskforce HQ commander and operations officer. I believe crew grade may effect it as well.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 08:25:56 AM »
What affects speed of TFT? I had a task force and some of the ships had around 80% TFT and other only 40%, they started training at the same time.
if the commander of a ship is the same/higher rank as the Task Force Commander, the ship will suffer a hefty penalty to task force training.