Author Topic: Four months of one-day turns  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Foolcow (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
Four months of one-day turns
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:22:04 AM »
My current game (15 years in) has been limited to increments of exactly 86,400 seconds for the past four game months.  According to SM mode, the reason is "Sub-pulse length adjusted due to potential fleet interception."

Is this likely to be a situation that will go on forever?  Has anybody seen this happen and then eventually seen turn lengths go back to normal?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Four months of one-day turns
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 04:34:18 AM »
I had a similar situation (I think it were 5 minute intervals, but otherwise the same). When I looked after the NPRs, there was a small battlegroup of race A chasing a survey ship of race B around a system. Trouble was, both TG had exactely the same speed, so the survey ship was never cought.
This was with an older version, before Steve changed the Designer password, though.

Anyway, I think Steve introduced a routine, which, after 200 repeats, kills the offending ships, so you might want to hang in for another two or three months gametime.
Or you could ask Steve for the Designer password and have a look see.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline GhostOfGod

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 07:22:32 PM »
I've had the same thing happen for almost a year.  In my case it was Extra-Galatic invaders, check to see if they're turn on and just turn them off.  Otherwise its likely an NPR fleet chasing a precursor a in a binary start system that has a few light years distance between stars.

Offline Moonshadow101

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 07:44:13 PM »
Does turning them off actually delete existing ships? I've always assumed it would just stop new ones from appearing, but never tried.