Author Topic: Questions about jump shock.  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Captainwolf (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
Questions about jump shock.
« on: January 29, 2016, 01:10:33 PM »
If a ship jumps through a jump point and is blinded, can you still use the missile launch button to have it shoot self guided missiles? Will those missiles be blinded as well? Also, would fighters launched right after a carrier has jumped be blinded?

Offline Mor

• Commander
Re: Questions about jump shock.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:16:23 PM »
I would also like to know the answer to that, and whether jump shock damage is the same as weapon hit shock damage.

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:36:13 PM »
"Jump shock" is more often referred to as "jump blindness", and reflects on it just temporarily disabling sensors and fire controls. However, I think you can still launch self guided missiles and they should still acquire targets without issue. Fighters docked on a carrier do not experience jump blindness if I remember correctly.

Weapon hit shock damage on the other hand is sort of like an incentive to use bigger calibers/warheads. When a large amount of damage is taken from a single missile or energy weapon impact, some extra "shock damage" is added which is applied directly to internal components. The amount of shock damage inflicted is roughly proportional to the damage from the main blast. Note that shock damage does not get applied if the main hit is absorbed by shields, regardless of the strength of the hit.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 02:45:26 PM »
I believe, and have not tested this, but it is my understanding that all weapons fire is limited by jump blindness. So the auto-targeting missiles would not be launched until the blindness wears off.