Author Topic: How do fuel harvester work???  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Catman115 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
How do fuel harvester work???
« on: May 14, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »
Ok so after much trial, tribulation and looking through many tutorial videos, i find myself at an impasse. I figure out how the FH work, you set them to a Gas Giant with lots of delicious Sorium then when they are full you tell them too offload the fuel at the nearest colony, which you then send tankers to go and pickup the dropped off fuel. However, i am currently trying to get these fuel harvesters to offload their fuel at the colony near Saturn, Tethys in this case. But when the full FH goes to offload the Fuel its doesnt offload the fuel instead it immediately goes back to Saturn. How do i make it drop off its gas?

Offline adisander

• Leading Rate
  • a
Re: How do fuel harvester work???
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 11:39:49 PM »
I'm not sure what's going on here to be honest, but my first guess might be that you don't have your FHs set to be tankers in the class design window, if I don't have that checked I can't tell my ship to unload fuel, and it may be possible that a non-tanker can't unload fuel under any circumstance including default orders.

Edit: just tested, if I try to do that conditional order with a non-tanker ship I get an error message telling me to check my conditionals, and no fuel is unloaded.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:44:15 PM by adisander »

The following users thanked this post: Catman115

Offline Catman115 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
Re: How do fuel harvester work???
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 11:51:16 PM »
I'm not sure what's going on here to be honest, but my first guess might be that you don't have your FHs set to be tankers in the class design window, if I don't have that checked I can't tell my ship to unload fuel, and it may be possible that a non-tanker can't unload fuel under any circumstance including default orders.

Edit: just tested, if I try to do that conditional order with a non-tanker ship I get an error message telling me to check my conditionals, and no fuel is unloaded.
Yeah that did it. THANKS A BUNCH  ;D