Author Topic: C# Aurora v2.5.0 Patch  (Read 11511 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
C# Aurora v2.5.0 Patch
« on: December 24, 2023, 08:10:31 AM »
This patch is not save game compatible. Delete the Aurora.exe and AuroraDB.db files from the installation directory and then copy the two files from this patch into that directory.

v2.5.0 Patch (6Mb)

I've created an example game, so if you get any load errors regarding missing flag, ship or race pictures, it just means you don't have the same pictures in your installation. You can safely ignore the errors and they will disappear when you start your own game.

Changes List
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13409.0

Bug Reporting
  • If you reported a bug in a previous version, please check it still exists in v2.5.0 before reporting it again
  • Please don't report bugs if you are running any mods.
  • Please read Known Issues before reporting bugs: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

Upgrade Note
For those who understand the database (and definitely ignore this unless you are really comfortable with modifying the database), this is a very minor patch in database terms. The only differences are:
  • Correction of the 'ATG' field in FCT_MissileType from Integer to Double. Any existing missiles would still lack ATG unless you choose to correct the data as well. Default value is 1. 20% ATG would be 1.2, etc.
  • Addition of the Integer field 'RandomNameOrder' to FCT_AlienRace, with a default value of 1.
  • Addition of the new shuttle cargo component data to both FCT_Techsystem and FCT_ShipDesignComponents. This can be ignored if you don't plan to use it.
  • Removal of compressed fuel component data from both FCT_Techsystem and FCT_ShipDesignComponents. This can also be ignored if you don't plan to use auto-assign tech.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
Re: C# Aurora v2.5.0 Patch
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2023, 10:32:49 AM »
Merry Christmas Steve, thank you for sharing Aurora with us and being so professional with updates and stuff.

I would also thank all the guys who keep update the database of changes, the ones who report really intricate bugs, update the installer, tool flags and related pictures and all the things that make Aurora a gem.

I feel part of a small family here.

The following users thanked this post: Jeltz, Xkill, Black, WebGremlin, BAGrimm

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2023, 02:01:24 PM »
Upgrade Note

Thanks for this! My 2.4 game has three conventional player races in separate systems, and it was just starting to get interesting. I already fixed the ATG thing, so I was going to skip this patch rather than restart, but your upgrade instructions worked great. It's a small patch, but the missile retargeting fix seems critical, so I'm glad to have it.

Offline Tavik Toth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2023, 02:03:33 PM »
Hm for some reason when I click the patch link, the download doesn't start.

Edit: Oh, huh, it starts if I change the url to HTTP from HTTPS.

The following users thanked this post: thebigCW

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2023, 03:23:06 PM »
I will echo the sentiment from Kaiser, I love the community here and deeply appreciate Steve for all his work making this wonderful game and community happen.

Super happy 2.5.0 is out before Christmas, three cheers for Steve!

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2023, 03:39:08 PM »
Thought I'd add, I successfully followed the manual DB update instructions and was able to continue with my 2.4.0 campaign, with ATG now loading properly when I start from an existing missile with ATG, so I'm assuming ATG is now working in general.

Btw, I think you do need to set the default value of ATG under FTC_MissileType to be 1. I originally interpreted that statement by Steve as an explanation of how it worked when setting individual missile ATGs in the DB, but then read it again and did set it to 1, and it seems to be working.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2023, 05:52:29 PM »
Hm for some reason when I click the patch link, the download doesn't start.

Edit: Oh, huh, it starts if I change the url to HTTP from HTTPS.
My Chrome blocked the download at first and I had to manually confirm that I really do want to download it.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2023, 09:58:21 PM »
Addition of the new shuttle cargo component data to both FCT_Techsystem and FCT_ShipDesignComponents. This can be ignored if you don't plan to use it.

If this upgrade is being done to a game in progress, since it is a starting system it can also be a good idea do add the technology on the FCT_RaceTech table for each race ID to ensure every race actually has the tech researched (SM could also be used in some cases as another method but for NPRs you'd have to edit the DB).