Author Topic: NPR cheating  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
NPR cheating
« on: October 25, 2013, 02:27:08 AM »
Hi,

I know that the NPRs get some leeways and arrangements, I'm fine with that. What I'm liking less is that it seems their ships can regrow missiles while still in space. I have experimented twice that, while chasing some of their ships for hours and days. After a while, time increment fall back to 25 secs, and then you get something like 12 new waves of missiles to fend off.

At least, make them have to go to a planet, even an empty one, and staying still a few hours. I can bear with that.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: NPR cheating
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 09:38:55 AM »
I can´t comment on that , as I have never experienced it.
In my experience, AI ships shoot at me until they run out, then turn around and head for a base of theirs where they reload, then head at me again to shoot me a bit more.

You could ask Steve for the Desinger Mode password and have a look at the size of the AI magazines. Pherhaps the AI just held back half of their load to lull you in a false sense of security :)
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 09:45:26 AM »
I believe I am currently seeing this. I have trapped any enemy battlecruiser squadron in one of my systems. They have empty magazines, I know because I looked. But every five days they bombard a now dead planet anyway. Fortunately they do not target my ships. I would destroy them but they are at least 2.5 times faster than mine and they don't run out of fuel!
IanD

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »
One of the spoilers has the capability of making missiles in space. I think.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 12:54:51 PM »
Was this behaviour from the most dangerous spoiler or just a normal NPR ship?

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 03:34:59 PM »
basic NPR  ship.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 03:27:35 AM »
The missiles were from a basic NPR. However I have removed the ships from the system and the planet is still being bombarded ::). The NPR has only three geological survey vessels left in system all unarmed, but that doesn't stop the bombardment.
IanD

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 08:24:59 AM »
The missiles were from a basic NPR. However I have removed the ships from the system and the planet is still being bombarded ::). The NPR has only three geological survey vessels left in system all unarmed, but that doesn't stop the bombardment.

Um you don't have a mass driver in the system, do you?

John

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 10:09:07 AM »
I do  ::), and that is of course the source of the impacts, but the comet #4 mining colony was targeted at the primary colony A II which is now so much slag and on which I had to re-establish a colony. I do not recall switching the target of that mass driver, but its not impossible in the heat of battle. However the mining colony mass driver destination was blank rather than None and it continued targeting the charred remains on the inner government mining colony A I (there was no real damage apart from the loss of minerals as there was nothing left after the nuclear bombardment). What added to the confusion was that every time a mineral packet hit the planet the enemy task force would light up their sensors, so I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Thanks John.
IanD

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 07:54:46 AM »
As for the "continued targeting":  it's possible that those were already-targeted packets.  You should be able to see packets that are in flight with one of the check boxes in the system view options.

Happy to be of service.

John

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 10:07:26 AM »
As for the "continued targeting":  it's possible that those were already-targeted packets.  You should be able to see packets that are in flight with one of the check boxes in the system view options.

Happy to be of service.

John

After I switched on "see mineral packets" I could see them (I had them off because between them and civs its very difficult to see whats in some systems) and they were still launching even though nothing was showing in thew destination box. This is probably one of the few ways to bombard a planet with a mass driver!  ;D
IanD