Author Topic: How to stop Alien Geo Survey Data Interrupts  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Griswel (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
How to stop Alien Geo Survey Data Interrupts
« on: November 15, 2014, 09:29:30 AM »
I made nice with some aliens, and every 6h they send me useless data.  Is there a way to stop this, or at least set the interrupts so it doesn't stop the time from progressing?

If worse comes to worse and I have to declare them hostile, do they stop?  Or do I actually need to engage in hostilities?

Thanks

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
Re: How to stop Alien Geo Survey Data Interrupts
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 10:46:41 AM »
Declaring them hostile won't change their opinion of you, unless you open fire. If they have already begun sharing geological survey data with you, then they are likely to have already declared you to be a friendly empire. Prior to this you could have parked a warship in their space to impose a penalty to their opinion of you, but once you are considered friendly, that penalty is waived.

If you have declared them friendly or allied, you can reduce this to neutral (or hostile). If you have any treaties with them, including trade access, you can revoke those treaties. At that point, if their diplomacy team assigned to your empire can't overcome their racial xenophobia score, their opinion of you will begin to decrease, eventually to the point where they no longer have the option to share data with you.

It's more complicated than bombing their homeworld, but also less drastic.

Offline Griswel (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 11:14:15 AM »
Thanks.  Is there no way to change the interrupt settings so that I ignore the data (which I know how to do), and also don't stop time progressing?  Every 6h was an exaggeration, of course, but I can get 4-5 in two days and I'd like to have time stop only for things I care about if possible.

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
Ah, if only there was a checklist for which events interrupt autoturns. I've dreamed of such a thing as well. Sadly, no such option exists as far as I know.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »
Sadly you can't, it's the most requested feature I think.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 12:18:21 AM »
You could always use and set the Minimum Increments to combat this slightly. Although it might skip over something really important like aliens bombarding your colony and millions dying in nuclear fire (happened to me a few games ago by using minimum increments).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Griswel (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 07:41:38 AM »
Thanks.  I'll just have to hope they survey fewer planets I guess, or invade them.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »
This shouldn't be an interrupt event. I'll fix it for the next version.