Author Topic: Setting system empire control  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Setting system empire control
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:14:48 AM »
I have been playing around with the display options on the galactic map so that I can get a better feel at a glance for how my part of the galaxy is formed, who is where, and future points of expansion. One thing I did like was the ability to set the map to show a coloured circle for which empire controls any given system, when I paired this with the system generation screen (F9) It let me quickly change how the galactic map looked from a political perspective. My only real problem is how to set systems as uncontrolled, in my current game I have met two NPR empires. Each are so far only living and working inside their home system, this works as I can clearly see their colours displayed. However every other system I have discovered, whether fully explored or not, and regardless of me having anything in the system at all, comes up as owned by me as default. I had hoped to set it to unowned, but the F9 screen only allows me to pick one of the three known races in the galaxy.

Is there an option I have missed that would let me set system ownership to nothing? Also Is there any set conditions for an NPR to view a system as theirs and take offence to my presence there? Do they simply need a ship floating around, an unmanned colony, or living beings? Is it just my warships that will generate negative DR or would me also having an unmanned mining station cause trouble?

The only work around I can think of that may resolve my initial question would be to create a new NPR race with SM, but give it nothing at all in the way of property, then just name it something like "unowned". I could then use this race as a placeholder for these systems. But if I did do this would they instantly die out as a race due to having no planets or other property in their possession at the very moment of their first turn?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Setting system empire control
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 10:04:56 AM »
Yes you have missed something. Under the default tab of the sidebar (Main Information Display), The first drop down (Control Empire) there is an option for No Controlling Race.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Re: Setting system empire control
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 10:18:44 AM »
Knew it had to be somewhere, thank you.