Author Topic: New race Generation?  (Read 1288 times)

Offline drroov (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
New race Generation?
« on: August 02, 2010, 01:55:07 AM »
Hello out there,

and thanks all for a great game. The problem is, I am not able to find out how to generate a second race (to practice combat); could someone kindly explain to me, step by step, how to do it? On F9 window I cannot change the race to anything else than Human; on Default Race, nothing more than the Terrestrial Federation, etc, etc.

Regards,

Drroov.

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
Re: New race Generation?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 03:36:12 AM »
Academy

In SM mode, on the System Info, add a colony to a planet with the SM race, SM-terraform that planet to your likings, with a decent amount of Methane or Oxygen, then abbandon that colony, and acreate a new race on that planet.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 04:10:51 AM »
Like as semi-God :-D

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 02:48:29 PM »
Quote from: "drroov"
I am not able to find out how to generate a second race (to practice combat); could someone kindly explain to me, step by step, how to do it? On F9 window I cannot change the race to anything else than Human; on Default Race, nothing more than the Terrestrial Federation, etc, etc.
Go into SM Mode, open the F9 window, select a habitable planet, such as Earth, and use the Create Empire button. This opens a window in which you can select parameters for the new Empire, including the creation of a new species. Instead of Earth, you could use your existing Empire to create a colony on Mars then enter SM mode and change the atmosphere of Mars to make it habitable. Then you can use Mars as the homeworld for the second race. Modifying atmospheres can be done on the Environment tab of the Economics window by selecting gas type and quantity and using the SM Set Atm button.

Steve