Author Topic: Problem with Orbital Habitats  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Problem with Orbital Habitats
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:44:35 PM »
I cannot seem to get orbital habitats working in a game I am using to test some concepts.  It is a fresh 6.42 install. 

I roughed out the following orbital habitat design:
Code: [Select]
Babylon class Orbital Habitat    10,115,150 tons     2210 Crew     14855 BP      TCS 202303  TH 0  EM 0
1 km/s     Armour 1-4166     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 1    Max Repair 18 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 1   
Habitation Capacity 2,000,000   
Recreational Facilities

Fuel Capacity 250,000 Litres    Range N/A

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as an Orbital Habitat for construction purposes

I created the habs and moved the fleet they were in to the planet I wanted to put a colony on.  I then created a colony on the planet and SM'd in the appropriate colonists.  They promptly died as soon as I advanced the time as there is no infrastructure and the planet is inhospitable. 

Is this a glitch, or did I screw up the design?  Or did I miss something else?

Kurt

Offline Cheet4h

• Petty Officer
  • C
Re: Problem with Orbital Habitats
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »
Try giving them another "Move to Colony" order, now that you have created a colony there.

There is often an issue, where ships that are in position at a colony are not recognized to actually be at the colony when you never told the ships to "Move to Colony", for example when telling terraformer ships to "Join Terraformer TG". Technically the task group is at the colony, but since you didn't tell the game you're moving new ships to the colony, it doesn't recalculate the values. Issuing another "Move" order or moving the ships to the colony first and then joining the TG fixes this.

Offline Sirce

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 04:50:55 PM »
Another option is to go to the F6 (Ship Screen) and make sure the top right Assign to Population drop down menu is the colony you want.

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 03:40:51 PM »
Thanks for the responses, but I tried those right off the bat.  The F6 unit details screen shows the orbital habitat as being assigned to the correct population, and it shows as a colony, not a planet. 

Hmmm...I turned Aurora completely off, and when I started it again the population capacity represented by the orbital habitats was present on the economics screen. 

I haven't been able to replicate this, however, I have discovered other quirks that make me think that there are actual bugs and that this isn't just my faultiness.  I think I will be posting this to the bug forum. 

Kurt