Author Topic: passive sensors off?  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
passive sensors off?
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:43:44 AM »
Look at attached jpg:

I have a TF of Destroyers with active sensors and a TF with a jump gate construction ship on sol jump point. There are some aliens as well.
The situation is the following: my Destroyers TF is just protecting the jump gate ship, so it's not moving. The aliens which have probably finished missiles, are oscillating beetween me and their homeworld every 1-2 days without firing. My ships, probably the destroyers, detect these aliens every time they come close to me, so that I cannot speed up the time, becuase I get interruption every 1-2 days nor I cannot send the destroyers in the sol system, because I have to finish the gate construction in 237 days.
I disabled my active sensors on destroyers, but probably the aliens are detected by thermal and EM sensors, but there's no way to turn off passive sensors.
Is there something that I can do to solve this boring and strange situation?

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
Re: passive sensors off?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:18:34 PM »
SM mode - disable sensors in this system.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »
You can also temporarily set that race as neutral, but that might affect any other fights you may have in other systems.

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 02:38:49 PM »
I wonder if there was a way without cheating the game :/  Steve should add a button to turn off passive sensors..

Offline andrea69

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 03:47:22 PM »
I wonder if there was a way without cheating the game :/  Steve should add a button to turn off passive sensors..
Mmm I can't see why what suggested by steelchicken should be considered cheating, it's a feature added exactly for situations like that.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »

the sensor model is fairly complicated in its own right, and just disabling it is much simpler than turning off something that no one has any ingame reason to ever want off.

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »
it worked btw  :-*