Author Topic: Can only select one class for retooling shipyards  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Ynglaur (OP)

• Petty Officer
Can only select one class for retooling shipyards
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »
I designed a class without engines by accident, and even made 2 ships.   Now I want to retool my shipyards for a new class with engines.   When I go to "Shipyard Complex Activity", however, only the original class is in the drop-down for the Retool for Selected Class activity.   I've create a couple other classes, and nothing else shows up.   What am I doing wrong?  The Design Class window doesn't seem to have a "Save" button; it seems to save-as-you-go.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Can only select one class for retooling shipyards
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 02:44:53 PM »
You need to press the "Lock Design" button when you are ready. That is basically the save, but it also prevents you from ever touching the design again without making a new copy (unless you cheat).
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Ynglaur (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 02:55:01 PM »
That didn't work, but I think I figured out my problem: my new designs are much larger (since they have engines), and my shipyards are too small for them.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 07:40:10 PM »
You need to press the "Lock Design" button when you are ready. That is basically the save, but it also prevents you from ever touching the design again without making a new copy (unless you cheat).
This is not necessary for designs to show up at Shipyards.

There are only two criteria when it comes to filtering that drop-down menu: whether the Shipyard is of correct type (commercial versus naval) and whether it is large enough to accommodate the design.