Author Topic: Multiple NPR's Generated in the Same System  (Read 1230 times)

Offline jiduthie (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
Multiple NPR's Generated in the Same System
« on: February 10, 2016, 03:32:18 AM »
I've just run across a system which a sensor buoy has determined has two separate alien populations on the same body. The intelligence window lists them as two separate civilizations each having their own flag yet sharing the same race picture. My first thought was "This is !Fun!" but since then I've been limited to 1 day increments for over two months, due to "potential fleet interception."

I deliberately set this game up so that NPR's would not generate other NPR's or Spoilers so that at most I'd have to deal with NPR's I'd already discovered fighting it out, but they don't even seem to be fighting because the increments are always exactly 1 day(reported as "potential fleet interception") unless interrupted by something my own ships are doing. So I'm assuming that if they aren't going to fight it out between themselves, my game is doomed to one day increments unless I do something drastic like SM delete this system. Has anyone else encountered something similar or have any advice?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Multiple NPR's Generated in the Same System
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 06:37:29 AM »
Two races that spawn on the same body should have a truce counter (set at beginning of game). However, you may have generated something else yourself that may be fighting them.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
Re: Multiple NPR's Generated in the Same System
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:47:06 AM »
If the interrupts are making that game unplayable there is a slightly less drastic solution. If you were to turn off sensor contacts in that system then the two NPR's would not see each other at all in regards to ships & colonies. However they would still be aware of each other on the intelligence window and thus should be capable of conducting normal diplomacy. If you left it long enough and simply avoided that system they could end up as friendly empires so when you turn on the sensors again they would not mind each others presence and not start fighting.

The only other method is allow evolution to take it's course and sit with a large salvage and sensor group on a JP with powered down engines and reap the rewards of war, though this will take much patience.