Author Topic: Deployment/Morale Reporting  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Lightning (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
Deployment/Morale Reporting
« on: February 15, 2016, 11:21:21 AM »
I just upgraded this weekend from 5.6 to 7.1 due to a corrupt database. Goodbye old empire :(

Is there a convenient report for checking to see which ships are near the end of their intended deployment?

Is there a convenient report for checking ships that are suffering morale issues?

I see reports for both repairs and fuel needs, but not theses. Right now I'm just scrolling thru the task force list looking for the morale below 100%, seems like there should be an easier way. Am I just missing it somewhere?

Thanks

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Deployment/Morale Reporting
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 11:30:05 AM »
Nope to both. The only real way to do it is to check how long its been deployed and moral often.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 11:32:43 AM »
The good news is that if it's reasonably close to home, then it's relatively easy to just wait until they start to suffer hits, then pull them back.  It might be worth adding a report for >90% of intended deployment time.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 11:51:07 AM »
Morale isn't a shipkiller like running out of fuel or MSP is, so it's not a huge deal if your morale starts dipping below 100%.  You're okay with letting it skate until then.

Offline Lightning (OP)

• L
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 12:15:55 PM »
While it might not be a ship killer like the fuel or MSP, would still be nice to know so that you can get them the shore leave they want so they can perform at peak efficiency should the need arise. Combat with a crew at 30% morale doesn't sound like a good plan.

A report for 90% of deployed time would be nice as well as one for the Morale < 100%.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 12:24:54 PM »
While it might not be a ship killer like the fuel or MSP, would still be nice to know so that you can get them the shore leave they want so they can perform at peak efficiency should the need arise. Combat with a crew at 30% morale doesn't sound like a good plan.

A report for 90% of deployed time would be nice as well as one for the Morale < 100%.
There is a report when they exceed the deployment time.  I'm not sure if it generates an interrupt or not, but it is there.

Offline Lightning (OP)

• L
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 12:41:45 PM »
Really? Where would I find that?

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
Really? Where would I find that?
It's in the Event Updates log.  Where all of the other messages are.  It comes during build cycles.  You'll see 'So and so ship has exceeded its deployment time by 1%.  Crew morale now 99.5%.'.  There are also messages for 75% and 50% morale.

Offline Lightning (OP)

• L
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
Ah, I've been being proactive and sending them back before the morale loss has kicked in and not seen that. I would like a more convenient way to do that. The only morale loss I've seen was overcrowding due to poor carrier design.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 01:07:30 PM »
Ah, I've been being proactive and sending them back before the morale loss has kicked in and not seen that. I would like a more convenient way to do that. The only morale loss I've seen was overcrowding due to poor carrier design.
If you're reasonably close to home, don't bother.  Just send them back when you get the message.  Going to 99% (or even 90%) morale won't kill anyone, and it's a lot easier than paying attention to that sort of stuff.