Author Topic: Galactic map center position?  (Read 1141 times)

Offline bsh (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
Galactic map center position?
« on: March 28, 2016, 04:05:26 PM »
Hello,
I have discovered almost all the systems in my current game, and organized them on the galactic map nicely and tidy through the game. But thanks to RNG or my organization method, most systems are to the right from Sol (it's the capital too), and the few remaining jump points are there too. So now I have to scroll the map or zoom out a bit - every time. I tried to group select and move everthing to the left (and saved positions), but this didn't work, the map centers on Sol every time I open it.
So the question is, is there a setting or any trick to make the galactic map to either not center on Sol every time, or remember my view position/zoom settings?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: Galactic map center position?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 06:07:13 PM »
Can you move Sol to one side instead?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Galactic map center position?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 07:57:46 PM »
The Galactic Map will center on your capital unless you open it in one of a few weird ways where it will then be centered on the system (or system containing the colony) where you were focused when you opened it.

So, you can:

1 - use the button bottom left of the F2 'Population and Production' window to designate a new, more geographically centric colony as your Capital

2 - open the galactic map from the F9 'System' window, which should center the map on the system currently shown in that window

3 - double-click (I believe) on a different system to re-center the Galactic Map on that system