Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210290 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »
Don't know if this is bug but it bugged me and caused me to have to return to a previous save :-

I found a planet with a ruined city on it which I put a ban on before sending Xenologists and Construction Battalion to find artifacts. All was Ok whilst Construction Factories and Mines etc were found - my own civilian freighters removed the items to my Home world. However the problem arose when 315 Infrastructure was found. Before I knew it and could remove all the infrastructure , civilian ships had dumped colonists on the planet even though there was a ban in place - a planet which I never wished to colonize.

Is this a bug - should civilian ships have adhered to the ban. Steve - can you modify the rules so that even if Infrastructure is available on a Planet , civilian ships do not colonize at will.

DavidR

The bans are guidance to civilians. Some civilian captains may decide to ignore them. It is possible that happened in this case, or there may be a bug regarding colonists. I'll take a look.

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2016, 02:56:16 PM »
Quote from: Andrew link=topic=8144.  msg85859#msg85859 date=1454608955
Which is nice for your country but unfortunately your Database uses .   as it's decimal separator and does not care what your nation uses. 
I think you can change that in the database settings but doing so will probably break a lot of other things, so to run Aurora change the decimal separator setting for your computer
I FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D My language was still set as Portuguese, so I changed it to UK English, restarted and reinstalled, and now its working perfectly

*edit* I spoke too soon, the game just wont open the sistem thingy that has the sun picture (sistem map? sistem info? I cant remenber) despite I having installed the MSSTDFMT. DLL file
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:26:33 PM by Gabethebaldandbold »
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline Havan_IronOak

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2016, 08:01:33 PM »
Don't know if this is a bug or not (but it seems like one to me)

I bring up the Commanders window.
Go to the right-most column and click the unassigned only box (Search by ability and location)
Go to the ranks and seniority section and change to civilian administrators
I see one (unassigned) Administrator on the list - I like to keep my staff busy.
I click on him
The additional details section in the center shows me that he's a member of a diplomatic team I've established.

Granted, they're not doing anything at the moment but shouldn't he be considered assigned? If not then this is working differently than the teams tab of the Colony Summary window.
Consistency may be the hobgoblin of little minds but it's also much easier on us newbies.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Offline drejr

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • d
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2016, 08:04:26 PM »
The bans are guidance to civilians. Some civilian captains may decide to ignore them. It is possible that happened in this case, or there may be a bug regarding colonists. I'll take a look.

I like that civilians have a degree of independence, actually, as it makes the game more interesting. The only time it strains credulity for me is when civilians start shipping out by the hundreds of thousands for a colony founded by an espionage team.

Offline Havan_IronOak

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2016, 09:18:33 PM »
There is a field in the Events Log Window that allows the player to determine the number of event messages that will be displayed in the log.

Setting that to 50000 causes a kind of cascade of error messages that one must close the game to end. Also entering 5000 seems to show as far back as is possible but it's unclear just how many messages are retained.

I'm guessing the number is 1000? If you could advise, I'll update the wiki accordingly.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:23:19 PM by Havan_IronOak »
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2016, 10:59:30 PM »
I like that civilians have a degree of independence, actually, as it makes the game more interesting. The only time it strains credulity for me is when civilians start shipping out by the hundreds of thousands for a colony founded by an espionage team.
I figure that to actually make sense about that independence is when you can act on the civilian's defiance via diplomatic meaning, or lasers if they're super extra defiant. Otherwise it's something you literally can't do anything about in some cases, which makes no sense as you are big space empire and whatnot.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2016, 11:49:38 AM »
I'm playing a rather unusual game which involved letting others build their ships, then sending me the database for play.  One of the player's ships appear to be incorrectly classified as military when they should be civilian.  They're reporting overcrowding for no reason, and then suffering maintenance failures.  The ships show as civilian in the F5 window, and editing doesn't seem to fix it.  The problem appears to be limited to ship classes that he designed, even if I've SM edited them some.  I've had to refit a few (the players are all novices, and we're seeing how they square off), and the modified classes/ships don't seem to have the problem.  The problem did occur in ships built to his class designs after play started.
The other players haven't had this problem.  The only cause I can think of is that he said he was using the portable version.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline jem

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • j
« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2016, 01:31:24 PM »
If you try to retool a shipyard to something that is almost identical (such that redesign cost and retooling cost is 0) you get some fun error messages while retooling and refitting. You get one for each time you add something to that list, so for the first ship you get one and for the second one you get two and so on. Then five days later it is all done and ready to go.

Also, it is possible to add "No ships of this kind in orbit" to the queue to be refit.......

Offline drejr

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • d
« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2016, 01:56:35 PM »
I figure that to actually make sense about that independence is when you can act on the civilian's defiance via diplomatic meaning, or lasers if they're super extra defiant. Otherwise it's something you literally can't do anything about in some cases, which makes no sense as you are big space empire and whatnot.

Perhaps Steve should implement an interstellar insurance model to prevent situations like this?  :)

There's defiance then there's lunacy!

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2016, 05:17:08 PM »
Using the All-in-One, installing to the C: drive, still getting this for point defense fire.

Error in PointBlankPDFire

Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field
No current record.
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

(noticed particulars: When all weapons are recharging, when a Salvo is eliminated and there are more Salvos to shoot at, when overwhelmed... it hasn't happened one time- two size 2 salvos that were fired on by two CIWS and one final defense fire). Otherwise the error is universal)

EDIT: From reports it's happening to some of the Reddit-wave as well.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:21:10 AM by illrede »

Offline Thineboot

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2016, 11:01:32 PM »
Seen in Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread (23 August 2012, 02:46:03)
Loaded my save game today and am prevented from advancing more than 30 days by a cascade of errors:

Error in GetClassSize
Error 3159 was generated by DAO.Field
Not a valid bookmark

Error in CheckSurveyShipAssignments
Error 3159 was generated by DAO.Database
Not a valid bookmark

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set

Error 3138 was generated by DAO.Databsse
Syntax error in ORDER BY clause

Error 3159 was generated by DAO.Database
Not a valid bookmark

This is v.5.60, and I'm using Win 7. The previous save (from ~3 IG years prior) runs without issue.
Edit: 10th posting update

Not even close (see image) but the error is still not vanished:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:50:58 AM by Thineboot »

Offline Thineboot

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2016, 11:07:23 PM »
. . .  followed by a cascading

Offline Thineboot

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2016, 02:30:09 AM »
Found exactly the same error 91 in Re: Official v5.02 Patch Thread  11 March 2010, 23:18:47
I've tried exactly the same and got the same result.
Just to say, I've searched for the error afterwards ;)

v5.02

Error in RemoveCommander

Error 91 was generated...
Object variable or With block variable not set

I was trying to replace the sector administrator (currently assigned) with one of the planetary administrators (currently assigned, in the past reassigned from a different planet). The only additional thing I can think of that would potentially cause problems is the sector name. I have renamed the sector, while the current administrator was assigned.

--Edit--
Dismissing the problem unassigned and assigned commanders properly. The only odd thing I can see is that the unassigned commander does not have a log entry that he was unassigned.
Edit: 10th posting update
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:52:47 AM by Thineboot »

Offline Havan_IronOak

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2016, 07:13:57 PM »
This one requires you close aurora to fix

Main System Map
Sidebar
Open up the list of asteroids by clicking on the + sign
Now click on the word asteroids

"Error 13 was generated by Aurora'
"Type Mismatch"
"Please report to..."

Done
Couldn't just close Aurora from the windows task bar either
Actually required me to reboot windows! 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:33:31 AM by Havan_IronOak »

Offline Spaceman Spiff

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2016, 01:25:57 AM »
I just started getting "Error in OrbitalMovement, Error 11 was generated by Aurora, Division by Zero" following five day increments, after exploring a couple new systems.   Using the System View tab and looking at "Orbital Distance" for all my systems (I'm just in a handful of them), I don't see any bodies that have a distance of "0".   Turning off asteroid movement does stop the error, though.   Is there any way that I can manually fix this error?