Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 54831 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« on: May 29, 2020, 05:35:27 AM »
Please post potential bugs in this thread for v1.11.0. The Bug Moderators (Bughunter, Garfunkel, Nori and SpaceMarine) will post bugs into the Confirmed Thread as appropriate. They may ask for more information or clarifications in order to do so, so please help them if you can. They will also point out if something is working as intended or likely due to another issue such as decimal separators

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v1.11.0

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number
The complete error text
The window affected
What you were doing at the time
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 07:25:08 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • w
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 08:26:12 AM »
Using both the existing "Imperium of Man" game and a new game, when I go to the Commanders window, change the filter to Civilian Administrators and then back to Naval Officer, the minimum and maximum ranks are all replaced with "bs".  Switching to filter other than Civ Admin and then back to Naval Officer (or reopening the window) fixes the problem until I pick Civ Admin again.

The filters appear to still work, it's just the display text that is wrong.

Confirmed and Fixed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:34:15 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 08:37:56 AM »
Using both the existing "Imperium of Man" game and a new game, when I go to the Commanders window, change the filter to Civilian Administrators and then back to Naval Officer, the minimum and maximum ranks are all replaced with "bs".  Switching to filter other than Civ Admin and then back to Naval Officer (or reopening the window) fixes the problem until I pick Civ Admin again.

The filters appear to still work, it's just the display text that is wrong.

Me too

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:59:39 AM »
The function number - N/A
The complete error text - N/A
The window affected - Ground forces
What you were doing at the time - Doing some ground combat testing
Conventional or TN start - TN
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easily reproduced
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - Any time.

Please confirm if the following behavior is intended:

Commanders in a formation above another do not give the children formations any bonuses.
The HQ only needs to be as large as the formation NOT as large as the formation and it's children.
Ground combat Command score is the same, only needs to be as large as the formation not including it's children.

Not investigated - would be great if a bugmod with more ground force experience could look at it
Gyrfalcon - 2/7/20 - This is a known bug with a known cause. Not yet resolved. I believe the knock on effect explains the other two - negative malus from not having enough formation size for the subformations are not passed on either.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 04:24:02 AM by Gyrfalcon »

The following users thanked this post: Demakustus

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 09:53:32 AM »
Reported in 1.10.0, reproduced in 1.11.0

Another bug related to crew quarter sizes. While the crew quarter sizes for really short deployment times have been fixed, it is still possible to have negative available crew quarters occasionally

The window affected - class design window
What you were doing at the time - testing
Random or Real Stars - Real
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - N/A

2 examples below:
10 crew (2 engineering spaces without anything else), 0.1 months deployment time

75 crew (14 engineering spaces and 1 bridge without anything else), 14 months deployment time

Confirmed and Fixed
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:52:36 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 10:10:23 AM »
Reported in 1.9.5, not sure if it is WAI or not.

This bug is probably an oversight in the change below:

Fuel Storage Costs

I've realised that fuel storage is very expensive in Aurora compared to other 'storage' modules. In terms of cost per HS they are more expensive than hangars or magazines, three times as expensive as cryo, seven times as expensive as troop transport bays and sixty times more expensive than cargo bays. They are also about six times more expensive than most productive modules (Terraform, Salvage, Harvester, Jump Point Stabilisation, etc.). BTW I realised this by wondering why a tanker was taking so long to build. The reason was that because build time is based on cost but modified by size, high 'cost density' ships take a long time and that was greatly exacerbated by the fuel storage.

On that basis, I am reducing the cost of fuel storage considerably for C# Aurora, although it is staggered so the cost benefit of larger modules is improved.

Fuel Storage - Tiny: 5,000 litres, 0.5 BP
Fuel Storage - Small: 10,000 litres, 0.8 BP
Fuel Storage - Standard: 50,000 litres, 2 BP
Fuel Storage - Large: 250,000 litres, 5 BP
Fuel Storage - Very Large: 1,000,000 litres, 10 BP
Fuel Storage - Ultra Large: 5,000,000 litres, 25 BP

In this change, the cost for the compressed fuel storage are not reduced. In VB6, the compressed tanks cost 1.5x as the regular ones of the same size, and in turn holds 1.5x fuel, which makes sense. Now since the regular tanks' costs are reduced, the compressed ones cost 5~15xthe regular ones.

Asked Steve again if WAI
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:16:48 PM by Bughunter »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 11:38:06 AM »
The window affected - fleet management
What you were doing at the time - Doing some commercial hangar testing
Random or Real Stars - random
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - Any time.

Commercial hangars and military hangar do not give MSP from the mother-ship to the parasites. Is this intended / WAI? Attached DB has a test situation set up but you need to neutral out the two races out of war and pass time then land the parasites. It's on race 1.

Ground units with no supply units to get supplies from will fire at a quarter of the rate even if their supplies is above 0 percent and will still lose supplies. Easy to test in attached DB.

Enemy ground support fighters can be directed to assist your own formations with FFD as they appear on the list on the left. The fighters do not actually fire and the next combat phase will be set to nothing supported. DB can be used to test.

The function number - 1793
The complete error text - Attempted to divide by Zero.
What you were doing at the time -  Ground force testing

After using the formation element transfer to move elements out of a formation, the now empty formation is not auto deleted and in ground combat can be selected as a target causing the above divide by 0 error.

Random or Real Stars - Random

Fighters set on planetary Flak suppression do nothing even if enemy AA is firing on fighters doing other missions. Ground support CAP does nothing. Fighters with Air to air pods do not do anything either (I think you said air to air is not in yet so maybe WAI).

STO's can fire on fighters conducting ground support missions.

The DB attached in the post above has everything set up to test.

The function number - 311
The complete error text - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected - Tactical map / Ground forces
What you were doing at the time - Doing some ground combat testing, Firing STO's at shipyards.

I got this error when I fired at shipyards using STO's. The STO's fire but at nothing. There are energy weapon impacts.

To stop the shipyard error in the DB change race 2's STO's from firing on shipyard to donotfire and then you will get the divide by zero errors on the next ground combat phase.

Not investigated yet, also see addition from Demakustus on next page
Gyrfalcon - 2/7/20 - Error with ground support reproduced and confirmed from the save, thanks. Working on the rest of the list.
Gyrfalcon - 3/7/20 - Error with ground units without supply support firings at reduced rate reproduced and confirmed.
Garfunkel - 16/9/20 - ground support fighter issues confirmed, brought up to Steve.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 06:11:29 PM by Garfunkel »

The following users thanked this post: serger, Demakustus

Offline Caplin

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 11:54:53 AM »
This is a weird one, and quite possibly only impacts screen reader users.

The function number: NA
The complete error text: NA
The window affected: Tactical map/see below
What you were doing at the time: Passing time
Conventional or TN start: Either.
Random or Real Stars: Either.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off Intermittent?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well Not long.

Sometimes, when passing time, my screen reader focus jumps back to the last window I had open. That is, I hit "30 days," on the tactical map, and the screen reader jumps back and starts reading the economics dialog or event window. This only seems to happen when windows are open as time advances.

I wondered if it might be WAI or at least a consequence of the way window refreshing works. It's minorly annoying but I only noticed it when I started playing with several game windows open at once.

Not a bug
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:16:33 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 12:15:48 PM »
This is a weird one, and quite possibly only impacts screen reader users.

The function number: NA
The complete error text: NA
The window affected: Tactical map/see below
What you were doing at the time: Passing time
Conventional or TN start: Either.
Random or Real Stars: Either.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off Intermittent?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well Not long.

Sometimes, when passing time, my screen reader focus jumps back to the last window I had open. That is, I hit "30 days," on the tactical map, and the screen reader jumps back and starts reading the economics dialog or event window. This only seems to happen when windows are open as time advances.

I wondered if it might be WAI or at least a consequence of the way window refreshing works. It's minorly annoying but I only noticed it when I started playing with several game windows open at once.

As far as I know the window focusing is working as intended and this is not a bug. If you have an idea how it could be changed to make it work better for you, like not changing window focus when updating them (if that is even possible), then you could post it as a suggestion instead.

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 01:34:44 PM »
Accidentally found another FC auto-assignment bug...

When there are more ECCM on a ship than the number of MFCs, some missile tubes are assigned to 'invisible' MFCs.

The ship in question look like below, I accidentally put on 4 ECCM and 3 MFC.

Code: [Select]
Aberdeen class Destroyer      12 000 tons       259 Crew       4 342.9 BP       TCS 240    TH 3 840    EM 0
16000 km/s      Armour 5-46       Shields 0-0       HTK 62      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 10      PPV 18.9
Maint Life 2.41 Years     MSP 2 262    AFR 115%    IFR 1.6%    1YR 534    5YR 8 005    Max Repair 960.00 MSP
Magazine 403   
Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months    Morale Check Required   

Inertial Fusion Drive  EP1920.00 (2)    Power 3840.0    Fuel Use 34.45%    Signature 1920.00    Explosion 15%
Fuel Capacity 711 000 Litres    Range 31 billion km (22 days at full power)

Filler (1)     Total Power Output 0    Exp 5%
Size 3.0 Missile Launcher (30.0% Reduction) (21)     Missile Size: 3.0    Rate of Fire 650
Missile Fire Control FC362-R100 (3)     Range 362.9m km    Resolution 100
Test Dummy 3/0/20k/13377M/ECM/ECCM (134)    Speed: 20 000 km/s    End: 7.7d     Range: 13 377.4m km    WH: 0    Size: 3.00    TH: 66/40/20

Active Search Sensor AS362-R100 (1)     GPS 60000     Range 362.9m km    Resolution 100

Compact ECCM-5 (4)         ECM 60

Before auto-assignment:

After auto-assignment:

The 21 missile launchers are grouped into 4 groups of 5, and 3 groups of them are assigned to MFC 1-3. However the 4th group (launchers 16-20) is invisible anywhere.

Attached it the DB to reproduce this. The battlefleet of the Earth Federation has 5 of this ship, 1 of them have auto-assignment, 4 of them are left in the non-assigned state for testing.

Fixed
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:40:39 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 02:06:38 PM »
Reported in 1.9.5 before (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg133819#msg133819), and in 1.10.0 (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11539.msg135108#msg135108), now reproduced in 1.11.0

4 potential bugs can be reproduced by the attached DB:
  • Beam weapons do not automatically engage incoming missiles when in area PD mode, and BFC is ordered cease-fire (this is probably WAI)
  • Beam weapons can fire multiple within the same 5s tick under Area PD mode if BFC is ordered to open fire. In this case, the event log just shows the number of hits, which can be much more than the possible number of shots
  • Beam weapons can fire multiple within the same 5s tick under Area PD mode if a salvo is manually targeted and BFC is ordered to open fire. In this case, it can be clearly observed in the log that each beam weapon is firing at all salvos once in the same tick
  • Probably as a result of the above bug, beam weapon power consumption is weird. They do not fire every tick when they should.
  • When Area PD hits targets, the energy impacts shown on the tactical map are on the firing fleet, rather than the target missiles.

Attached is the DB with salvos already in range. Switch view to the Martian Republic. The current tick shows the log for case (3) above. In the event log, a few ticks back, there was log for case (2).

I have reproduced this issue in 3 versions without any issues. Can this count as confirmed? :P

#1 is WAI. All the others are now fixed. Thanks for the scenario setup in the DB as that made fixing much easier.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:28:33 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2020, 03:39:57 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Tactical map
What you were doing at the time: checking previous bug reports
Conventional or TN start: default game
Random or Real Stars: default game
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Trivial

Right clicking on a blank area of the tactical map reuses whatever context menu was last shown.  No context menu should be shown in that case.

To reproduce, right click on any object on the map and then on a blank area.

Confirmed and Fixed
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:08:15 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2020, 05:35:45 PM »
The window affected: Galaxy map
What you were doing at the time: testing galaxy generation
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: random
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? simple but time consuming

New systems in the galaxy map use their parent system's longest connection line to determine their location.  This causes automatic mapping to spread out to an extreme degree.  Automatic mapping should either use a fixed length and only extend beyond that if free space can't be found or it should use the shortest existing connection from the parent system as a guide instead of the longest.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 01:26:25 PM by Bughunter »

Offline shanedday

• Gold Supporter
  • Leading Rate
  • s
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2020, 06:45:08 PM »
1.  11.  0
The window affected: Events window
What you were doing at the time: cycling turns
Conventional or TN start: default game
Random or Real Stars: default game
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.  '
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy

Deleting a medal does not stop it from awarding.   i.  e.   10 year service condition keeps awarding if deleted from the medal window.   This is not a new issue and was existing on previous versions. 

EDIT: Further update: this bug could be removed, once you restart the game, the deleted medals do not report.

Failed to reproduce (using destroyed missiles trigger), but still reported together with other medal related issues
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 03:08:37 PM by Bughunter »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2020, 07:47:10 PM »
1. 11. 0
The window affected: Events window
What you were doing at the time: fighting spoilers
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: random
Is your decimal separator a comma? '. '
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy
Campaign is over 60 years in, but I had this happen to me in less than a year when I was testing STO fire on fighters.

In combat when a ship in a fleet dies it is creating a new detached fleet named after it that is empty.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 07:49:55 PM by DFNewb »