Author Topic: potential bug when disassembling alien components (1.10)  (Read 889 times)

Offline bankshot (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • b
I'm still playing on 1.10 so posting here instead of the 1.11 bug report thread. 

I'm currently excavating a ruin and have found multiple caches of ship components.  However I have observed two bugs when disassembling components for research points:

1) if you are currently researching a tech you get no points for disassembly even though you get the event message indicating you did.  You must cancel the research project, disassemble the item, and then restart research

2) disassemble all gives event messages that indicate you got research points for all of the items, but you only get points for the first item.

If any of you are disassembling found/salvaged/captured components in 1.11 please make a save before disassembling and verify your remaining research points afterwards to see if this bug is still active.  If it is please report it. 

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline bankshot (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • b
Re: potential bug when disassembling alien components (1.10)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:25:50 PM »
After further testing it looks like I was wrong about the "disassemble all" bug.  However I'm only getting tech in one field when multiple fields are eligible.  I recovered 7x 15cm C3 Near Ultraviolet Lasers and disassembled them all, with events logged for gains in 15cm focal size, Near Ultraviolet Laser, and Capacitor Recharge rate 3.

When I went back to the research pane I was only credited for Near Ultraviolet Laser research points, there were no gains in the other fields.