Author Topic: Medals question  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Sefin (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
Medals question
« on: April 03, 2019, 03:44:40 PM »
Is it possible to award medals to specific GU or ships for kills or such.   I would like to award a crimson skull or something for each capital kill or something similar for ground units that capture a ship or a participate in capturing a planet.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Medals question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:54:51 PM »
It is possible, but it can only be done manually.  There is (currently) no way to auto-award a medal for ship kills or colony conquests.

Offline Sefin (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 01:16:32 AM »
Thanks for the response.   But I didn't mean auto award.   I figured out that you can manually input the history of a ship (like kills and such).   Is it possible to award a medal or a banner to a Ground unit like a Marine Battalion?  Not the officer leading them, but the unit itself?  So the unit will be able to distinguish itself over the period of a campaign or something.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 03:25:16 AM »
I haven't done Medals for C# yet, but the auto-award is probably something I should add.

The following users thanked this post: bro918, Sefin

Online Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 10:24:47 AM »
I haven't done Medals for C# yet, but the auto-award is probably something I should add.

Also, a note with the history of sank ships during the ship life, which is automatically updated.

The following users thanked this post: Awazruk

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 04:38:18 PM »

I think it'd be cool to be able to assign medals on a task force basis, that way you could do campaign medals. Like "hey, these officers fought at the Battle of Lacaille 8760".

Offline Martindale

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 08:03:03 AM »
That sounds interesting.    Would those be just for "bragging rights" or would they carry any bonuses?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 08:28:31 AM by Martindale »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 09:32:32 AM »
Bragging rights. Medals do increase promotion score though, so it makes it more likely that commanders get promoted to the next rank over those without medals. But the importance of that depends on the player since all medals are player-created.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 10:58:34 PM »
The default for medals is +100 to promotion score, though I believe it can be altered for each unique medal.