Author Topic: Advanced start  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Aldaris (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Advanced start
« on: February 07, 2010, 08:06:28 AM »
I am trying to start a new campaign (4.8) in which I intend to start with most of the home system already colonised by a natioon consisting of several different races. I have a perfect system for this, I have set up the multiple races (All player-controlled) and the instalations on their homeworld, but I can't figure out how to make one nation become part of another. Could anyone explain to me how that works?

Offline Aldaris (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Advanced start
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 03:04:38 AM »
Is it even possible?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
When you conquer an alien colony, the alien race becomes part of your empire and, over time, becomes integrated (full imperial citicens). I do belive, they keep their stats re. temperature, gravity, atmosphere,...

If you can set a game up that way, is another question, however, to which I don´t know the answer.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 04:27:49 PM »
From the main menu bar, select 'Empires', then 'Systems', then 'Transfer System Knowledge'.  On the Transfer System Knowledge screen, enter the empire to 'Transfer To:', highlight all systems, then hit the 'Transfer' button.

On the (F2) 'Population & Production' screen, select a colony of the empire, hit the 'Transfer' button at the bottom, then choose the empire you wish to transfer the colony to.  Note that an empire with multiple races (ie different racial tolerances) will have multiple colonies on each inhabited system body - one for each race, to represent the (possibly different) colony costs.  Repeat for all colonies.

On the (Ctrl-F7) 'Technology Report' screen . . . you're out of luck, since Steve removed the 'transfer knowledge to selected empire' button several editions back - I think when he added wealth, and the planetary market to sell ships, tech & minerals to other empires.

On the (F12) 'Task Group' screen, on the 'Special Orders/Organization' tab, select a task group and an alien empire, hit the 'Include Commanders' checkbox, then hit the 'Transfer Fleet to Alien Empire' button.  Repeat for all task groups.

On the 'Planetary Market' screen . . . you're out of luck, because it's disabled and Steve removed it from 5.0 and up until he can rewrite that section of code.

Miscellaneous:  Turn on SM mode, on the main menu bar choose 'Spacemaster', then 'Compare Tech' and on the window use the 'Give Tech' button to give the new race any tech possessed by the old race that they do not already have.  Also to give them any race-specific tech you wish, though personally for RST I prefer to make new tech projects with the old race's name appended to the front - eg 'Varosian 4" Rapid Fire VisLight Laser' for what the Varosians used to call the '10cm C3 VisLight Laser'

Wealth transfer is not possible at this time, as I do not believe it's associated with any particular colony.

Finally, go to the Aurora Suggestions forum and suggest that Steve put a button on the (Ctrl-F2) 'Empire Details' screen to automate the entire process of amalgamating with another empire.  #:-]