Author Topic: Is there a way to move Tech Data around?  (Read 1135 times)

Offline JacksonTaus (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
Is there a way to move Tech Data around?
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:32:12 PM »
I got a lot of Tech Data from salvaging alien wrecks, but I unfortunately flew through a system with a Research Lab and now my Tech is 30000/40000 on a planet with like one Research Lab, and not the planet with the correct bonus for this Tech. Is there a way to move those 10K research points over to where it's useful, or a way to SM myself points in a technology without giving myself the technology?

(My backup plan is to research it normally and SM it to myself when I have 10K research to go).

EDIT: I now know about the "don't download tech data" button I was supposed to hit but didn't.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:44:12 PM by JacksonTaus »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Is there a way to move Tech Data around?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:32:09 PM »
I've done this before, you'll need to go with the backup plan. Or give yourself the tech, design a component using it, fast OB yourself a ship with a bunch of the component, scrap it, then remove the tech and disassemble the components untill you have 10k points.
There's a factor of randomness though, you will probably end up going over.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:36:25 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "