Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358089 times)

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1605 on: April 01, 2021, 11:35:22 AM »
Do tactical officers affect the chance to hit of missiles, or only beams?

I want to believe yes

I'm fairly certain I have seen it have an effect, since I've seen missiles launched from identical ships have different hit% chances in the same fleet-wide volley, but I've not correlated this with Tactical skills explicitly.

Offline bsh

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #1606 on: April 07, 2021, 08:42:46 AM »
So I'm just curious... I have looked at the database and found an actual NPR that spans multiple systems and have a lot of populations, mostly on asteroids. most if not all of them have 0 pop though. But the weird thing is, this race has ZERO ships or fleets whatsoever. How did they discover other systems and made those colonies there? Maybe another NPR destroyed them all, but not their colonies?

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #1607 on: April 07, 2021, 03:37:01 PM »
So I'm just curious... I have looked at the database and found an actual NPR that spans multiple systems and have a lot of populations, mostly on asteroids. most if not all of them have 0 pop though. But the weird thing is, this race has ZERO ships or fleets whatsoever. How did they discover other systems and made those colonies there? Maybe another NPR destroyed them all, but not their colonies?

That's kind of wierd, you might be able to reconstruct what happened by looking at the log for that race.
If something still seems off you could post it in the bugs thread and Steve might take a look at it.

Offline zirman

• Chief Petty Officer
  • z
« Reply #1608 on: April 07, 2021, 05:54:43 PM »
Admirals, Officers, Gents i need a little help!!
I was used to play the game but are some years i'm missing..Now i'm back and i find this interesting C# version!

Cutting short my question is: where are Grav Sensors?? i made the Research for Geo Sensors, and i already have a Geoship surveying Sol, but i can't find the Grav Sensors either among the researches or among the components....
Please help!
The Universe is Infinite only if you hold it into your Mind!

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1609 on: April 07, 2021, 05:57:33 PM »
I was used to play the game but are some years i'm missing..Now i'm back and i find this interesting C# version!

Cutting short my question is: where are Grav Sensors?? i made the Research for Geo Sensors, and i already have a Geoship surveying Sol, but i can't find the Grav Sensors either among the researches or among the components....
Please help!

You have to research Jump Point Theory first...bit annoying, it's 5,000 RP to do nothing practical, but it is what it is. After that grav sensors are 2k RP in the Sensors category.

The following users thanked this post: zirman

Offline zirman

• Chief Petty Officer
  • z
« Reply #1610 on: April 07, 2021, 06:30:10 PM »

Please help!

You have to research Jump Point Theory first...bit annoying, it's 5,000 RP to do nothing practical, but it is what it is. After that grav sensors are 2k RP in the Sensors category.

Thanks man!!! I will lunch the R&D project straight away!
The Universe is Infinite only if you hold it into your Mind!

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1611 on: April 08, 2021, 06:10:16 AM »

That's kind of wierd, you might be able to reconstruct what happened by looking at the log for that race.
If something still seems off you could post it in the bugs thread and Steve might take a look at it.
Do the zero pop colonies have facilities on them? They could be automated mining posts or listening posts or fuel depots. Or they could be remains of colonies that got bombed by someone else. The colony designation doesn't go away even if there is nothing on the rock.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1612 on: April 08, 2021, 11:23:06 AM »
i'm a bit confused, probably this question was solved previously. This is the first time this happened to me, and maybe I'm missing something.

I stablished contact with an alien specie (No spoilers) and we have started conversations... but the diplomacy rating does not increase. I have sit a DIP ship next to another of their ships for ages and nothing is happening.

What am I missing?

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1613 on: April 08, 2021, 11:43:12 AM »
i'm a bit confused, probably this question was solved previously. This is the first time this happened to me, and maybe I'm missing something.

I stablished contact with an alien specie (No spoilers) and we have started conversations... but the diplomacy rating does not increase. I have sit a DIP ship next to another of their ships for ages and nothing is happening.

What am I missing?

Diplo ships improve another race's opinion of yours, but not vice versa. If the NPR has not parked one of their own diplo ships near yours you will not see the same effect, although you should be having an effect on the NPR nevertheless.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #1614 on: April 08, 2021, 11:44:25 AM »
I have nothing in the events since we stablished communication.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1615 on: April 08, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »
I have nothing in the events since we stablished communication.

This is because your diplo ship improves the NPR's opinion of you. The NPR would be getting event notifications, not you. If the NPR had a diplo ship in range of one of your own ships then you would get notifications that this ship was improving your opinion of the NPR.

The following users thanked this post: idefelipe

Offline bsh

• b
« Reply #1616 on: April 08, 2021, 12:37:39 PM »
Do the zero pop colonies have facilities on them? They could be automated mining posts or listening posts or fuel depots. Or they could be remains of colonies that got bombed by someone else. The colony designation doesn't go away even if there is nothing on the rock.
as far as i can tell, none of the colonies have anything on them, except for two: the capital has 0.00142395685862664 population (i guess that's in millions?) with a colony cost of 1.0944, but no radiation or dust. the other one has a similar low number of pops and colony cost 2. the race also have commanders and some 55k academy crewmembers but I don't know where those are. their hoeworld ID is 0, like for the swarm.
they have very few log entries (45) and all of them seem to be just those commander bonus changes and retirements. first log is at 5671778350.0, last is 5827190355.0.  current time is 5828371155.0, so their last log is not that old, they are still active.
two of their systems is also known for another race (who I am allied with), yet they haven't seem to had contact with any other race.
Weird.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 02:22:02 PM by bsh »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #1617 on: April 08, 2021, 01:22:09 PM »
There is bug that allows NPRs to be spawned on worlds that do not have colony cost 0 for them, it seems that this NPR was hit by this bug. This possibly screwed the NPR to create this situation?

Offline bsh

• b
« Reply #1618 on: April 08, 2021, 01:37:27 PM »
I don't know, probably. Definitely seems to be a bug somehow.
I was trying to trace back jump points to a system that I also know and then go and find them, but I gave up on this, it's tedious. Is there a simpler way to find a path to a given system?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1619 on: April 08, 2021, 02:18:18 PM »
For me the NPRs spawn on otherwise cost 0 worlds with a tinge of chlorine gas for some reason. It's why I always SM check NPR homeworlds when I discover an NPR so that I can SM fix things.