Author Topic: v4.4 Bugs  (Read 11222 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v4.4 Bugs
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »
I have locked the old bugs thread for v3.3 and started this new one. This is to avoid any confusion over whether a bug is in v4.3 or v4.4

Steve

Offline rdgam

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
Re: v4.4 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:37:03 PM »
I have hit a game stopping bug in February of year 2.
Error in CheckForLPShortcut
Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set.

I seems like an infinite list of this error.
I have cleared all fleet orders to no effect.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
On system view, clicked on galactic map and got:

Error in LoadRaceData
Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found : 'Flags\'

the flags folder is definitely there

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:43:27 PM »
I am running the auto-increment and have only the system map screen up. Got this message:

Error in AddSubstituteOrdnance
Error 3420 ws generated by DAO.Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

I have no combat ships built yet and have no missile under construction.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 04:41:54 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
On system view, clicked on galactic map and got:

Error in LoadRaceData
Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found : 'Flags\'

the flags folder is definitely there
It looks like it is searching for no flag, or the name of the flag would be in the error message. Firstly, check the races you can see in the Race window and the Intelligence window to see if any are missing a flag. If they all seem fine and you have access to the database, please can you check the Flagpic field of the Race table in the DB to see if it is blank for any NPRs you haven't met yet.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 04:46:07 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I am running the auto-increment and have only the system map screen up. Got this message:

Error in AddSubstituteOrdnance
Error 3420 ws generated by DAO.Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

I have no combat ships built yet and have no missile under construction.
I haven't managed to recreate the bug but I have found a mistake in the code that would have caused it so I think it is fixed for v4.41. I'll put a non-DB patch out soon.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 04:51:00 AM »
Quote from: "rdgam"

I haven't managed to recreate it but I have found a code problem that could cause it. I'll put out a patch that you will be able to use on your existing game. Please let me know if it works.

Steve

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Possible Bugs
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 08:48:16 AM »
Note:  All errors occurred before installing the 4.41 update.

-  Low Tech Infantry is now an R2 assignment, whereas Low Tech Armour is still R1. Is that intentional?

-  A 'new mineral deposit found' event from my geology team bumped Mercassium from 19,925.27 tons to 100,000.00 tons.  Should that be "+100,000 tons" instead of "to 100,000 tons"?

-  The 'Ground Units' tab on the F2 'Populaion & Production' window has one of its tables titled "Ground Units deployed on surface, in PDCs, or in ships in orbit" regardless of whether the option chosen is 'Population Only', 'Population plus PDCs', 'Population plus PDCs + ships in orbit' or 'All Ground Forces'.  Is there any chance the title can change to match the option chosen?  While we're on the subject of possibles, would it be possible to get a display of how much unrest the ground forces are currently suppressing (or rather, capable of suppressing)?

-  Error in TransferPopulation:  Error 3265 in DAO.fields, "Item not found in this collection."  The error was generated when I conquered an (SM-run) NPR colony.

-  The ground unit being trained by the enemy GFTF did NOT go 'poof!' when the colony surrendered, and is still being trained even now that the place is 'under new management'.  (This is possibly due to the fact that the conquering empire also had a GFTF present on the planet, as I slapped one down to create a dozen extra Garrison battalions in order to meet the required Defensive strength necessary to conquer the place.  It's definitely THEIR GFTF that's still training THEIR replacement battalion after surrender though.)

-  The 'Ground Units' tab also no longer displays the 'Actual [Occupation] Strength' and 'Police Modifier' values correctly.  Actually, it doesn't show ay values at all.

-  A minor typo: combat sumaries on the Ctrl-F3 'Event Updates' window still refer to Divisions being lost (both friendly and enemy).

-  Another typo:  [officer name] "has inreased his Ground Forces Training rating to 22400%"  Except he has GFTR 225 acording to the officer window.  Similarly, an officer who went from 0 to 25 GFTR was reported as increasing his rating to 2400%.

-  On the F6 'Ships' window, the text displayed when you hover the mouse pointer over the 'Rename' button (ie tool tip) is the text for the 'Repair All' function.  The button renames as normal (though now that I think about it, I've never tried to rename a damaged ship).

Offline rdgam

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 09:30:57 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "rdgam"

I haven't managed to recreate it but I have found a code problem that could cause it. I'll put out a patch that you will be able to use on your existing game. Please let me know if it works.

Steve

That cleared it up.  My 3 power game can continue.  Thanks for finding it so fast.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 10:05:20 AM »
Got the following errors. using 4.41

First, I get a SM Only message in the log, stating:
"Increment Adjustment"  -  "Increment length adjustetd due to imminent action. This may involve two NPRs fighting."

Then I get an
Error in UpdateAllSensors
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow
Please report...

When I hit OK, I get

Error in UpdateGameEvents
Division by Zero
Please report...

Running 5-day increments, time got adjusted to:
0:00:22:55 (first time this happened)
0:00:00:00 (second time)
0:00:00:00
0:00:00:00

looks like I am stuck at 0 sec updates

windows open: Event log, Economy

Neither using the system map nor the galaxy map to advance time helped.

Edit: Went back to 4.4, but the bug is still there.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 12:55:45 PM »
Using 4.41 and am getting the following:

This appears once:

Error in RechargeWeapons

Error 3078 ws geenrated by DAO.Database
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'CIWSFired'/ Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

Then the following in what appears to be an endless loop

Error in RechargeWeapons

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set

These occur on a time advance of any size.  Checked the database and it does not look like I am sharing any systems with the NPR, though they maybe have encountered Precursors?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »
Quote from: "Laurence"
Using 4.41 and am getting the following:

This appears once:

Error in RechargeWeapons

Error 3078 ws geenrated by DAO.Database
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'CIWSFired'/ Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

Then the following in what appears to be an endless loop

Error in RechargeWeapons

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set

These occur on a time advance of any size.  Checked the database and it does not look like I am sharing any systems with the NPR, though they maybe have encountered Precursors?
It looks like the program can't find one of the tables I put in for v4.4 so I have to ask a stupid question :)

Did you upgrade directly from v4.3 to v4.41 without upgrading to v4.4 first?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Possible Bugs
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 02:34:20 PM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
 -  A 'new mineral deposit found' event from my geology team bumped Mercassium from 19,925.27 tons to 100,000.00 tons.  Should that be "+100,000 tons" instead of "to 100,000 tons"?
No, that looks correct. I put in a maximum amount for geology teams to find. Although I guess that penalises planets with larger existing deposits so maybe it should be +100,000.

Steve

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
I have to ask a stupid question :oops:

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Possible Bugs
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 04:07:21 PM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
Low Tech Infantry is now an R2 assignment, whereas Low Tech Armour is still R1. Is that intentional?
No, that's a bug. I think automated assignments is still correct but the commander window is wrong. Corrected for v4.42

The 'Ground Units' tab on the F2 'Populaion & Production' window has one of its tables titled "Ground Units deployed on surface, in PDCs, or in ships in orbit" regardless of whether the option chosen is 'Population Only', 'Population plus PDCs', 'Population plus PDCs + ships in orbit' or 'All Ground Forces'.  Is there any chance the title can change to match the option chosen?  
Corrected as suggested

A minor typo: combat sumaries on the Ctrl-F3 'Event Updates' window still refer to Divisions being lost (both friendly and enemy).
Fixed

Another typo:  [officer name] "has inreased his Ground Forces Training rating to 22400%"  Except he has GFTR 225 acording to the officer window.  Similarly, an officer who went from 0 to 25 GFTR was reported as increasing his rating to 2400%.
Fixed

On the F6 'Ships' window, the text displayed when you hover the mouse pointer over the 'Rename' button (ie tool tip) is the text for the 'Repair All' function.  The button renames as normal (though now that I think about it, I've never tried to rename a damaged ship).
Fixed

Steve