Author Topic: 4.61 Bugs  (Read 6565 times)

Offline lastverb (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
4.61 Bugs
« on: November 10, 2009, 11:07:49 AM »
everytime i enter galactic map i've got error 76: "path not found: 'Flags\', it is loading gal map, but without flags

i also get some errors related to null when npr discover new system, but not always and it didnt happen anytime i discover new system

shut down buttons dont work neither

if i select command "load fleet with ordnance" (or something like that) for full colliers when targeting a planet i always lose all missiles (they are neither in collier magazines or on planet and there is no other pdcs or fleets in orbit), happened in earlier versions too

Offline tanq_tonic

• Petty Officer
  • t
Re: 4.61 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
Instantaneous Travel ----

did this by accident.  Had Ship A at Earth, a jump ship at a jump point a couple of billion klicks away.

In the group task screen, accidentally double clicked on the the Ship A entry on the far right hand side of the special orders, instantly transporting Ship A to the jump point.  That group then proceeded to jump into the next system (immaterial fact....)

The material issue is that Ship A was "popped" across a very large system instantaneously.

Perhaps the "transfer ships between groups" should have a proximity check on it, so that one cannot do a magic transport like this?

Played around with this concept and you can use the "combine task groups" function in the same way.......

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 01:10:32 AM »
Quote from: "tanq_tonic"
Perhaps the "transfer ships between groups" should have a proximity check on it, so that one cannot do a magic transport like this?

I actually consider this a "feature" (defined as a bug for which people have found a use :-) ).  Moving ships around instantaneously is often the only way to work around "glitches", such as the excessive fuel consumption bug mentioned last week.  I don't think it would be a problem to get a warning (so that it's a concious decision to do it), but I consider this ability to be an "SM mode" operation.

John

Offline lastverb (OP)

• l
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:46:47 AM »
there is something wrong with pd auto fire, i see 7x thermal contacts (missiles at 34k kps) inbound at 400k km, my anti-missile radar is for lasers defence only and have resolution 2 (around 200k km range), fire controls set do final fire (i bet range means nothing, because pd fire at only 10k km while set to 5x). 5 secs later in events window i see 6x missile destroyed by lasers and still 7x missiles hit the target, like none was destroyed. im sure there were no other missiles, my powerfull thermal sensors would get contacts.
that way ended first alien investigation destroyer group

in 4.6 i met precursors with no weapons ramming (!!!) successfully my cruisers. are no-weapon alien ships a bug? i dont know if its still there

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 09:18:42 AM »
Quote from: "lastverb"
there is something wrong with pd auto fire, i see 7x thermal contacts (missiles at 34k kps) inbound at 400k km, my anti-missile radar is for lasers defence only and have resolution 2 (around 200k km range), fire controls set do final fire (i bet range means nothing, because pd fire at only 10k km while set to 5x). 5 secs later in events window i see 6x missile destroyed by lasers and still 7x missiles hit the target, like none was destroyed. im sure there were no other missiles, my powerfull thermal sensors would get contacts.

in 4.6 i met precursors with no weapons ramming (!!!) successfully my cruisers. are no-weapon alien ships a bug? i dont know if its still there

I would advise a PD Active Sensor and PD Fire Control of Resolution Zero that can see about double the distance of your actual firing range. That way you get a tracking bonus and I think that even a Resolution 2 radar can't see missiles that well.

Each thermal contact could be a separate salvo of missiles and each salvo could contain say 2 missiles. So there could have been 14 missiles inbound, your PD got 5, 7 hit you and 2 missed.

I don't think that a thermal contact tells you how many missiles are in the contact, although I have never paid attention to thermal contacts in a missile fight, just what my active sensors are saying.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 09:42:40 AM »
Quote from: "lastverb"

Anti-missile systems need resolution 0 not 2.  Resolution 2 is optimized for detecting 100ton ships.  

Also range does mean something.  In your case set range to 1 (10k km) for final defense mode.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 11:22:42 AM »
Steve -

This is a 4.46 bug, but I have no reason to believe that it isn't still a problem in 4.6x.  I have shipped several prefabbed PDC's from Strug Home to The Redoubt, along with six engineer regiments, and a small amount of each trans-newtonian resource.  Once everything was in place I set the engineer regiments to assembling the prefabbed PDC's on the industry window of the economics screen.  Everything appeared to be fine, with a completion date fourteen months in the future.  However, after numerous months of game time I checked the progress of the job and noted that it appeared that no work had been completed on the job (amount remaining "1"), and that the completion date still fourteen months in the future.  I advanced the time five days, and the amount remaining stayed the same, and the job completion date advanced five days.  There are no error messages, or any notations on the event updates screen as to any problems.  

To see just how far the problem extends, I cancelled assembly of the PDC and set the engineering regiments to construct 1 industrial capacilty.  The info on the industry tab showed that it would take just under 1 year, as the cost was 120 and the six engineer regiments had an annual production of 121.5.  However, after advancing the time five days, the screen showed no work completed and the estimated completion date advanced five days.  

The engineering units appear to be non-functional.  

Kurt

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »
Getting the error below when entering the Ship Design screen:

Error in PopulateFighters

Error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero

Also none of the fighters are showing up in the F7 Squadron screen or on the Industry Options.  They appear in the Task Force display just fine though.

I manually added a check to the ShipClass table on the FighterClass column and they then appeared as an Industry Option, but still not in he F7 Fighter Squadrons screen.

Offline lastverb (OP)

• l
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 12:46:20 PM »
ive further tested that missile problem with 0 res and better rail pd (always better than laser and better than low tech gauss), i see thermal 12 (x10) contact - there is no 1 thermal contact for salvo, they enter active pd sensor (0res) and it change to "new missile contact (x10) TCS 5 T12(existing)" and is shown as salvo on system map. my pd is killing 12-18 missiles in 10missile salvo wipeing it, so now i dont know if i kill 10 some of non-existing missiles hit me like i killed 7 of 7 earlier

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
Quote from: "Laurence"
Getting the error below when entering the Ship Design screen:

Error in PopulateFighters

Error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero

Also none of the fighters are showing up in the F7 Squadron screen or on the Industry Options.  They appear in the Task Force display just fine though.

I manually added a check to the ShipClass table on the FighterClass column and they then appeared as an Industry Option, but still not in he F7 Fighter Squadrons screen.

To follow up, it appears that the fighters that I built with the FastOB feature are the ones not showing up in the squadrons.  After the manual edit to the ShipClass Fighter check box, I was able to build additional fighters and these are showing up in the squadrons organization screen.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »
Quote from: "Kurt"
Steve -

This is a 4.46 bug, but I have no reason to believe that it isn't still a problem in 4.6x. I have shipped several prefabbed PDC's from Strug Home to The Redoubt, along with six engineer regiments, and a small amount of each trans-newtonian resource. Once everything was in place I set the engineer regiments to assembling the prefabbed PDC's on the industry window of the economics screen. Everything appeared to be fine, with a completion date fourteen months in the future. However, after numerous months of game time I checked the progress of the job and noted that it appeared that no work had been completed on the job (amount remaining "1"), and that the completion date still fourteen months in the future. I advanced the time five days, and the amount remaining stayed the same, and the job completion date advanced five days. There are no error messages, or any notations on the event updates screen as to any problems.

To see just how far the problem extends, I cancelled assembly of the PDC and set the engineering regiments to construct 1 industrial capacilty. The info on the industry tab showed that it would take just under 1 year, as the cost was 120 and the six engineer regiments had an annual production of 121.5. However, after advancing the time five days, the screen showed no work completed and the estimated completion date advanced five days.

The engineering units appear to be non-functional.

I am seeing something similar in v4.61. It may just be the completion date is not being updated. The screen below is for Earth on 29th July 2082 if you look at the estimated completion date for the PDC refit its 25th July 2082 :?
Regards
IanD

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Not a bug report
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 10:34:54 AM »
But a thank you for fixing the Task Group Cyclic orders.   :D   That one drove me crazy (ier) when it first occured.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline gregor40

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 03:07:19 AM »
Steve, the other thread is locked, so I can't reply there, but still regarding the decimal separator: are you absolutely sure, that there is no work around. It's rather uncommon to have paralell versions of software for different regions because of the decimal separator :)

I would love to help (e.g. google after some examples) for you, but I am not sure which languages you are using for the aurora code.

Offline lastverb (OP)

• l
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 04:29:48 AM »
since aurora is using basing input/output fields, which use standard OS coding i think it would need to rewrite all those fields, or add auto-translate from , to . when adding and . to , when reading from database.
isn't it easier to change OS regional settings (it doesn't change language)?

Offline gregor40

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 10:14:16 AM »
Come on, how many pieces of software, even the database-based have problem with decimal separator. I've met NONE that would require me to change the decimal separator in the OS. Seems to me that this problem should have a rather trivial workaround.

It is quite cumbersome for me, as I don't have a dedicated machine for Aurora.

Have in mind that the need to change the decimal separator will drive many European players away from the game.