Author Topic: Promotion bug?  (Read 1682 times)

Offline narakal (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
Promotion bug?
« on: January 14, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »
Ok... basically, I was playing a research heavy game only on Earth, and had only Earth, but after 75 years or so, it seems like whenever I either get new officers, or they are promoted, it is a getpromotionscore overflow error 6. I have tried removing officers to an extent, but that did not seem to help. Though not game breaking per se, it still is rather a nuisence, so... right...

BTW, this game is just crazy with the epic level of complexity it has for the topic, Kudos to Steve.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Promotion bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 09:51:08 AM »
Quote from: "narakal"
Ok... basically, I was playing a research heavy game only on Earth, and had only Earth, but after 75 years or so, it seems like whenever I either get new officers, or they are promoted, it is a getpromotionscore overflow error 6. I have tried removing officers to an extent, but that did not seem to help. Though not game breaking per se, it still is rather a nuisence, so... right...

BTW, this game is just crazy with the epic level of complexity it has for the topic, Kudos to Steve.
Not seen this one before so it must be something specific to the circumstances in your game. I can't see anything obvious in the code so do you have any officers with several huge bonuses or do you have tens of thousands of officers?

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:26:01 AM »
edit.posted on right tread

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 11:02:05 AM »
Cosmetic bug in commanders screen v4.80:
The PP rules box, when made visible, has it's left half obscured by the potential assignments box.

Cheers,
Arnoud
images of planets etc

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »
Quote from: "Commodore_Areyar"
Cosmetic bug in commanders screen v4.80:
The PP rules box, when made visible, has it's left half obscured by the potential assignments box.
Fixed for v4.82. The text in the box was also way out of date so I have updated that too.

Steve

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 02:02:23 PM »
cool.

Another suggestion in the same area:
I just deleted the lowest rank as I had no use of naval officers anyhow and lost all my researchers and civilians as well.
Maybe instead of deleting the officers of a deleted rank, why not promote them to the next one up?
Or only delete unassigned people.

-Arnoud
images of planets etc

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 03:11:33 PM »
Quote from: "Commodore_Areyar"
cool.

Another suggestion in the same area:
I just deleted the lowest rank as I had no use of naval officers anyhow and lost all my researchers and civilians as well.
Maybe instead of deleting the officers of a deleted rank, why not promote them to the next one up?
Or only delete unassigned people.
Hmm, I hadn't fully considered the impact of deleting the lower ranks as the different leader types use the same ranks but with different names. I think I will set things so the bottom four ranks can only be renamed rather than deleted

Steve