Author Topic: Inspiring!  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Shadow (OP)

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Inspiring!
« on: March 14, 2010, 03:46:53 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=867itHVb094

It's possible quite a bit of people around here have already seen the movie, but I wanted to point out the introduction has a distinct Aurora feel. Particularly the portrayal of things such as (watch the video before reading!) [spoiler:35vk8yth]mankind's first steps into extrasolar exploration, colonization, development of space travel and even the tension around the first contact with an alien, sapient species, one that fails and devolves into hostilities very much like it can in Aurora! Hell, down to the uncertainty of a scout vessel and its subsequent destruction![/spoiler:35vk8yth] :D

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Inspiring!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 03:59:28 AM »
Quote from: "Shadow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=867itHVb094

It's possible quite a bit of people around here have already seen the movie, but I wanted to point out the introduction has a distinct Aurora feel. Particularly the portrayal of things such as (watch the video before reading!) [spoiler:2zcjb0wf]mankind's first steps into extrasolar exploration, colonization, development of space travel and even the tension around the first contact with an alien, sapient species, one that fails and devolves into hostilities very much like it can in Aurora! Hell, down to the uncertainty of a scout vessel and its subsequent destruction![/spoiler:2zcjb0wf] :D
Wing Commander was an excellent series of games but the film (IIRC) was a steaming pile of ........ Shame because the intro makes it look like it might have been half way decent.
Welchbloke

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Wing Commander was an excellent series of games but the film (IIRC) was a steaming pile of ........ Shame because the intro makes it look like it might have been half way decent.

Yep
great games
good intro
crap movie

So much wastet potential, I´m still shaking my head thinking about it :(
Ralph Hoenig, Germany