Author Topic: v6.00 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 25525 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: v6.00 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 06:43:33 PM »
In the previous version, you could mark missile designs as obsolete from the standard ordnance loadout tab in the ship design window (F5). The relevant interface is still there, but since I have no missile designs yet, I can't test it.

The Ctrl-F7 window should list missiles and you can obsolete them there. I've done so already.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 06:58:52 PM »
Here is another one having to do with the crew deployment time:

It looks like any ship with over 3 months of deployment time is commercial no matter what, even if it has a giant military engine(30HS EP 1.5X) strapped to it.

Update to the above: Putting launch tubes on the ship makes it a military vessel, so its an issue with engines.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:54:33 PM by Nathan_ »

Offline kmod

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 10:38:31 PM »
- The "MSP Allocation of Previous Designs" dropdown does not correctly set the number of missile engines of the chosen design (it stays at whatever is in that box)
- Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but in the missile design screen, multi-stage missiles seem to include the fuel of any secondary stages (ie a missile with 0 fuel but with a second stage of two missiles each with . 1 fuel, will show up as having a fuel Value of 500); I haven't tested how it actually behaves.
- I think there's an issue with the documentation in the 6. 00 changes thread; it says that the crew requirement for engines is HS * 2 * sqrt(modifier), but in the game (and also the examples in the docs) it seems to be HS * modifier.

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 03:22:25 AM »
got some precursor attacking me with warhead-0 missiles.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 08:42:22 AM »
"Reduced Window Size On" causes a torrent of Overflow "Error 6" in Missile Design Screen.

EDIT: It's not "Reduced Window Size", happens in either case.

EDIT2: Some times replaced with Error 11 for Division by Zero. Could be that I don't have any Reactor technologies discovered? Will test.

EDIT3: Shoot me, I'm idiot. It was because I had no reactor technologies researched yet. Works fine now.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:08:41 AM by Garfunkel »

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
I'm getting an infinite loop of 3201 DAO recordset about missiles when I try and gen a new game now.

Offline Knight Otu

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 12:26:47 PM »
Quote from: o_O link=topic=5400. msg55424#msg55424 date=1349640418
starting a new game using the spacemaster start throws up an error to the effect of "can't have a race name of 0 chars" and then a mess of related errors.   Regular Sol start seems to work fine for me.   
Disclaimer first, I'm playing through Wine.  I got the first error during actual play (3315, Field Race. RaceName can't be a zero-length string), followed by a likely endless number of 3201 errors (First, You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Race', then tons of the same with table 'RaceMapDisplay').  Checking through SM mode after killing the process, there seems to be a new race that wasn't there at the start of the game, the Heart, but I don't know whether they are the culprits.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »
I'm getting an infinite loop of 3201 DAO recordset about missiles when I try and gen a new game now.
Try conventional start with no ICBM missile silos.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
Geo Teams:

I suspect that they can only increase accessability now. No new mineral finds are being made, and teams with below 140 skill will complete a survey without doing anything or increasing their skill. +140 teams can increase their skill however.

The Tritanium amount in the image below shows such an accessability increase(from 0.4 to 0.7) but no new minerals.

edit: The team in question did not increase its skill from getting that accessability increase, though it has previously.

edit2: the team managed to make a mineral find on venus, and its skill went up for it.

edit3: had a skill increase for finding nothing on Mars.

edit4: Alright, I've seen a < 140 skill team skill up, so the geo teams probably are working as intended.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:51:06 PM by Nathan_ »

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 07:19:08 PM »
At least one of those items pertaining to Geo teams is not a bug.  Steve had set Geo teams to increase in skill just for trying.  Success is not a prerequisite for skill advancement.

Offline Topher

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 11:38:11 PM »
Quote from: Garfunkel link=topic=5400. msg55535#msg55535 date=1349812712
Try conventional start with no ICBM missile silos.

Hey, I'm having the exact same error.  Do you know if starting a game that way causes any long-term issues? or it just an issue with the pre-designed silos?

Offline mberkers

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 01:36:39 AM »
Hmm.  Not sure if this a bug or not, but I had a CB and 5 MI battalions loaded aboard some troop transports.  I'm pretty sure I hit the Unload ALL units order.  Later on, I scrapped the old TT in favour of new ones with faster engines, and now the MI battalions are nowhere to be found.  They're NOT on any ships, and not at any colonies. 

Trying to assign Commanders to them seems to indicate that the MI battalions in question are located in (Unknown System).  Hyperspace maybe? I don't mind disbanding them IF i could figure out how!

MattB

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 04:39:11 AM »
I will start working through the bugs list soon :). Work is mad this week (well, mad every week but worse than normal this week).

Steve

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 05:48:30 AM »
Hmm.  Not sure if this a bug or not, but I had a CB and 5 MI battalions loaded aboard some troop transports.  I'm pretty sure I hit the Unload ALL units order.  Later on, I scrapped the old TT in favour of new ones with faster engines, and now the MI battalions are nowhere to be found.  They're NOT on any ships, and not at any colonies. 

Trying to assign Commanders to them seems to indicate that the MI battalions in question are located in (Unknown System).  Hyperspace maybe? I don't mind disbanding them IF i could figure out how!

MattB
See if this will work.  Turn SM mode on.  Open the ground unit tab on the production and population screen (F2)  In the upper right there is a small pulldown menu for show units.  Select all units.  If you can see the units you are missing try changing where they are located.  Use the transfer Ground Unit to PDC or Population pull down menu (lower right corner of screen)  Set the population to transfer the unit to as whatever population is currently selected.  This might get the unit back from oblivion.
Good Luck
Brian

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 11:14:11 AM »
I'm about 18 months into a game, and it's just stopped build cycles.  I haven't had one in nearly a month.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman