Author Topic: I can't install the game.  (Read 2013 times)

Offline UtterObesity (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • U
I can't install the game.
« on: August 24, 2013, 10:52:01 PM »
This is seriously driving me nuts.  i followed the instructions and ran the setup. exe and no matter what i do it always comes up with an error saying 'Path or file not found' with a message saying 'C:\Users\(myusername)\Desktop\\@Stevefire. mdb not found'.  i tried everything i can and searched up solutions in the wiki and the forums.  i tried changing the install directory, messing with the setup. LST unzipping update and CAB files etc. 

this is what i've went through to install the game
1.  i unzipped the install. zip into a folder and ran the setup. exe
2.  changed the directory into my Desktop
3.  selected Aurora in the program file group
4.  error message saying 'Path or file not found' followed up by a message saying 'source file C:\Users\(myusername)\Desktop\\@Stevefire. mdb not found'

And if you need to know i have a windows 7 32bit desktop computer.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: I can't install the game.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 12:16:53 AM »
Have you got an AuroraUpdateXXX.zip file, XXX standing for the version number, probably 554 (I have only 491 downloaded and only used patches from there)?
If yes, unzip that file manually and put everything in your Aurora folder, overwriting existing files if the question arises.
Download the Aurora620 patch, unzip it into your aurora folder, again overwriting the existing files.
Download the Aurora621 patch, unzip it into your aurora folder, and yet again overwrite the existing file.

Now you should be set.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline UtterObesity (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • U
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 01:12:48 AM »
Quote from: Hawkeye link=topic=6399. msg65343#msg65343 date=1377407813
Have you got an AuroraUpdateXXX. zip file, XXX standing for the version number, probably 554 (I have only 491 downloaded and only used patches from there)?
If yes, unzip that file manually and put everything in your Aurora folder, overwriting existing files if the question arises.
Download the Aurora620 patch, unzip it into your aurora folder, again overwriting the existing files.
Download the Aurora621 patch, unzip it into your aurora folder, and yet again overwrite the existing file.

Now you should be set.

Thank you so much kind sir, you have solved my problem :).

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 09:53:58 AM »
No problem, glad I could help
Ralph Hoenig, Germany