Author Topic: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 43637 times)

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
Re: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2015, 11:22:52 PM »
This has been an error spam that occurs during final point defense fire (not area point defense), almost entirely without fail; ~95%+ of final defensive fire situations. It can be clicked through, but it takes time.

I suspect that it has something to do with my ship design and/or weapons and fire control allocation.

In the latest circumstance, this is the situation:

x2 Size 4 missile x44 salvos (48598 km/s)

x4 Blood River

Fire Control S04 240-10000 #1 (Point Blank PD Mode 32)
Particle Beam-11 x8
Fire Control S01.5 90-10000 #1 (Point Blank PD Mode 4)
10cm Railgun V4/C3 x8

x4 Rhodes

w/ Particle Beam-11 x8
w/ 10cm Railgun V4/C3 x8
Missile Fire Control FC1014-R180#1 (none)
w/ Size 8 Missile Launcher (25% Reduction) x24
Missile Fire Control FC15-R1 #1 (none)
w/ Size 1 Missile Launcher (25% Reduction) x40
Missile Fire Control FC202-R180 #1 (none)
Missile Fire Control FC202-R180 #2 (none)

x4 Rothschild

Particle Beam-11 x8
10cm Railgun V4/C3 x8

Error in PointBlankPDFire

Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field
No current record.
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

EDIT: True for a single size x16 salvo as well.

EDIT2: I've confirmed something- if a single unit is able to shoot down the entire incoming salvo(s?), the errors don't occur. If as many as two units are involved, they occur. (Switched the Particle Beams to Area Defense, some salvos provided leakers which a single unit could either deal with or not, randomly).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:14:27 PM by illrede »

Offline demonblackie

• Leading Rate
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2015, 06:20:11 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended.   I had designed a jump ship a while back with a jump drive capable of jumping up to 5k tons.   The jump ship's total tonnage was 3,300 or something like that.   I had moved it to a jump point and told a ship that was either at 5k or a tad lower to jump through, but it kept giving me the error that the ship couldn't jump because there wasn't a jump drive large enough.   They were both military ships, the jump drive was military.

It's been a bit now, and I didn't screenshot it or anything, but I'm wondering if this is something known or if I just screwed up somehow when this all went down.   I came to the conclusion at the time that the jump ship had to be the largest ship involved, but it seems to me that the size of the jump drive's rating should be the only operative thing involved.   Unfortunately, the only jump ship I have designed at the moment is built to be exactly the same size as the jump drive's rating, so I can't really test it again at this point without creating a new game for that expressed purpose.   I guess I'm just hoping that this isn't the first time you've heard of it.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2015, 06:32:12 AM »
You are correct, jump drives are limited to jumping ships smaller than or equal to the jump rating, and also the size of the ship with the drive.
Usually you would pad out the jump ship untill it's the full size of the drives jump rating.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline demonblackie

• Leading Rate
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2015, 07:00:18 AM »
Thanks for the quick response.   So, no bug, just working as designed.   Too bad.   Time to start filling my ships with a bunch of random stuff.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2015, 07:08:47 AM »
Thanks for the quick response.   So, no bug, just working as designed.   Too bad.   Time to start filling my ships with a bunch of random stuff.

Maintenance supplies, fuel or missiles (if your ships use that) are nice. Basically, a jump tender ships which doubles as supply for a particular need.

Or sensors as well in some cases

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2015, 07:26:59 AM »
My tenders double as tankers, though it makes them pretty expensive.
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline demonblackie

• Leading Rate
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »
Yeah, I had the same thought.   Made my jump ship triple as both a light tanker and a supply ship all rolled into one.   Seemed the logical way to go.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2015, 03:19:03 AM »
I just started a fresh game and can't unload colonists on mars, because it's saying Earth is neutral and giving me the "attempt to unload colonists from another empire in the same system" message, but there are no other empires

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2015, 05:24:30 AM »
I just started a fresh game and can't unload colonists on mars, because it's saying Earth is neutral and giving me the "attempt to unload colonists from another empire in the same system" message, but there are no other empires

If you set up Earth as a neutral NPC, you have to unload all colonists on a colony outside of Sol. Afterwards they should be movable as normal imo.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2015, 12:26:33 PM »
If you set up Earth as a neutral NPC, you have to unload all colonists on a colony outside of Sol. Afterwards they should be movable as normal imo.

This restriction is to prevent moving the entire neutral population to the Moon and back to a new nation on Earth.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »
Quote from: Ostia link=topic=8076. msg84043#msg84043 date=1451474670
If you set up Earth as a neutral NPC, you have to unload all colonists on a colony outside of Sol.  Afterwards they should be movable as normal imo.

This was in a game with no other NPRs.  My own population was showing up as neutral.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2016, 02:23:50 AM »
Error in FindNewCarrier  ???

Error 92
For not loop initialized

After restarting I get the same message but with the following errors.

Error in FindNewCarrier 

Error 438
Object doesnt support this property or method

and

Error in FindNewCarrier

Error 91
Object variable or with Block variable Not set

And I cant make the game work  :'(

If it has anything to to with it I cant se any enemies on System Map or in combat assignment overview, everything is gone in that system...
I presume I could delete the system alltoghter and hopefully move on with the rest...

There seemed to be an infinit loop of these but holding down the enter button for 40-50 seconds it ended and now seems to work okej, except for th 60 fighters that suddenly appeared at point blank range.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:38:44 AM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2016, 01:49:49 PM »
Error in FindNewCarrier  ???

Error 92
For not loop initialized

After restarting I get the same message but with the following errors.

Error in FindNewCarrier 

Error 438
Object doesnt support this property or method

and

Error in FindNewCarrier

Error 91
Object variable or with Block variable Not set

And I cant make the game work  :'(

If it has anything to to with it I cant se any enemies on System Map or in combat assignment overview, everything is gone in that system...
I presume I could delete the system alltoghter and hopefully move on with the rest...

There seemed to be an infinit loop of these but holding down the enter button for 40-50 seconds it ended and now seems to work okej, except for th 60 fighters that suddenly appeared at point blank range.  ;D

This is fixed in v7.1. Its a code problems so you can't really get around it. This is due to homeless NPR fighters trying to find a carrier. If you go into designer mode you could delete the fighters.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:51:23 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2016, 06:58:03 PM »
I think he'll be ok after those fighters are dealt with :)

Offline e-wok345

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • e
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
I don't know if this is my own error or a bug. 

I'm running windows 8 and aurora version 7.  1

So there's no error message when I do this but, when I try to use any drop down/hierarchy menu like the minerals tab on the system view or the list of colonies, it will not respond to my clicks.   When I try to go back to the menu, it will show that I opened something up but all the names will have disappeared and will not respond once again. 

It looks like this:
https://drive.  google.  com/file/d/0B3XqXSVQ2lc6Slo1MVZVdElnX3c/view?usp=sharing

Then this:
https://drive.  google.  com/file/d/0B3XqXSVQ2lc6ekRZdGptdDl1cTQ/view?usp=sharing

So is it an issue on my end?
Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks in advance