Author Topic: Ghost colonies  (Read 1228 times)

Offline FyrenEyce (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • F
Ghost colonies
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »
Hey I'm pretty new to this game and I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.  I noticed that after plopping a geo team on some of Jupiter's moons and the empty colony is created, sometimes there are industrial build orders and civilian contracts automaticly created on the colony.  So far this hasn't been a huge problem since there is no production capability and so far all the civ contracts have been supply contracts, so the worst that happens is that a freighter runs out and i get a message saying there's nothing there to pick up.  My question is, is this a bug or is this reading orders from an alien colony that snuck in that my sensors are too low tech to see?

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: Ghost colonies
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 12:21:20 AM »
It isn't a bug.  The act of putting your geoteam on the rock makes it a colony for you.  If the geoteam finds nothing and these events are happening (clearly something from a newer version than the one I am playing) then you can abandon the colony. In the overview pop up you should find a button "abandon" in the lower right corner just use that on rock balls you won't colonize in the future.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Ghost colonies
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 01:20:31 PM »
Colony creation is not the problem. Same thing happened to me. Geoteam creates colony on Pluto and next turn there is for example build order for 150 mines or civilian contract for infrastructure pickup.