New Players > VB Tutorials

Part 12: Aurora's Time Increment System

<< < (2/2)

Mor:
Now I am confused. The label says that sub-pulses effect movement phase "within each time increment", while the almighty tooltip says "If a sub-pulse is set". So which is it always or sometimes, and if the later then when?

Also I assume that "movement phase" means movement of all objects in game i.e. fleets, rockets and whatever else is there, but probably not system bodies. Why sub-pulses effect only movements, what about other time sensitive tasks like firing? and what other phases are there for each pulse\increment? (e.g. when the orbital movements are calculated) Also I understand that there is the "construction phase", but that it isn't specific to pulse\TI.

Edited.

sublight:
Movement phase does not included system body motion. System bodies move as part of the construction cycle update.

The way I understand it the game save update and a few elapsed-time dependent events such as damage control checks are only performed at the end of a time increment. Sub-pulses are a movement-phase/order-completion/detection-change check step that may trigger an interrupt for a shorter than planned time increment.

If so the only difference between running a long interval with 5-second sub-pulses vs 5-second increment is that 5-second increment offers the player a little extra fine control in issuing orders but runs a tiny bit slower from the extra database write cycles.

I assume that "within each time increment" is correct. I know sub-pulses are always used for everything other than 5-second increments when the auto-sub-pulse interval is set, but I don't know what happens when a time interval equal to or shorter than the selected sub-pulse is used.

Weapon firing events cause interrupts independent of the sub-pulse. A long time interval with a long sub-pulse will not cause friendly or opposing weapons to delay firing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version