Author Topic: Anyway to "fast Forward" through the 5 sec intervals?  (Read 1362 times)

Offline sonofliberty (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
Anyway to "fast Forward" through the 5 sec intervals?
« on: May 26, 2013, 11:15:07 AM »
So I am "in combat" with an NPR that seems to use only beam weapons. I have a mix of missiles and lasers. My missile fire controls are effective to 131 million km. The NPR would be in range except for their ecm which reduces my range to 88 million km. I move at 6,000 km/s they move at 4300 km/s. I am in a stern chase. I also have 2 other task groups at 158 million km and 161 million km respectively that will eventually intercept the bogies on their current course. I need to jump ahead about an hour. to actually get into good real combat. Anyway to do this? Clicking 12 times/minute is maddening to say the least.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Anyway to "fast Forward" through the 5 sec intervals?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »
There are a few things you can do:

Click the auto-turn button on the system map, this will have the game(in most cases) go through turns until something happens.
Force set number of turns above the auto-turn button. this one is dangerous, but if auto-turn isn't working it will force the issue, so you could say force 12 turns, click 5 seconds, and it will advance 1 minute for you(regardless of what happens in that minute so be careful).

Space time bubble: turn sm mode on, bring up the system map, and go to the contacts tab. there is a check box for a system wide time space bubble. this will halt all processing outside of this starsystem, so that you can fight without other events taking up cpu cycles during the fight.

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 12:00:06 PM »
Great information. I will try, thanks.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:42:28 PM »
If you are trying to shoot at the aliens but they are out of range due to the enemy ECM, your game will be interruped evey 5 seconds.

If this is the case for you, just cancle the attack order until your are inside effective range.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 05:52:02 AM »
LOL, perfectly logical and a great idea. Honestly, it never occurred to me. I "assumed" (we all know what happens then) that the 5 second intervals would have occurred just because they were hostile and in the same system.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 03:03:02 PM »
LOL, perfectly logical and a great idea. Honestly, it never occurred to me. I "assumed" (we all know what happens then) that the 5 second intervals would have occurred just because they were hostile and in the same system.

I assumed that it was them shooting at you, but have made this mistake before as well.