Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 84423 times)

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #510 on: December 07, 2011, 12:56:13 PM »
If you use 'show all pops' to issue Unload Minerals/or some installation orders on a colony in another system, the ship tends to move to the star (not the colony) and then fail the unload order.    Also, I've gotten some weird issues with Show All Pops wherein I issue an order to go to one system, refresh the orders window, then issue an order to go back to the original system.  However, the jump orders are all mixed together, resulting in an invalid orders list with impossible orders. In other words, the new orders are being interspersed with existing orders rather than tacking on the end. 

(Also, issuing a show all pops interstellar move order doesn't refresh the orders window, it still acts like it's in the original system.  Annoying, but not a problem per se.)

Offline WHCnelson

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #511 on: December 08, 2011, 06:38:26 PM »
Ok,  I am starting a new game and I have modified the game.   One of the things I have done is drop the Missile lancher reload rate from 6 down to 4 and also deleted three of the missiles the game generated as I wanted class 3 and class 5 missiles.   I then generated several new missiles for these launchers and now I am
getting the following error when I go to the Fast OB Generation:

Error 3201 was generated by DAO.recordset.  You can not add or change a record because a related record is required in the Table Missiles.

This confuses me as I still get the vessels and I generated the new missiles from the standard missile generation tab.   Is there a way to add these missiles to the Table Missiles?

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #512 on: December 08, 2011, 06:41:53 PM »
the problem imay be to do with the missile loadout on the classes that you're fast building - it may still show the old missiles
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline WHCnelson

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #513 on: December 08, 2011, 08:37:23 PM »
If so How do I remove the old missiles from the Missile Table to fix this? ???
Thanks for the help ;D

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #514 on: December 08, 2011, 10:14:29 PM »
check your class descriptions ordinance tab  - it may show that the standard ordinance for your class is some of the missile designs that you deleted.  Just remove these from the loadout and then add in the new missiles that you designed.  I've frequently forgotten to respecify missile loadouts when I have made changes to the class  (usually after using copy design!), sometimes resulting in ships with no magazines holding vast numbers of missiles that they cant use.  :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:17:06 PM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #515 on: December 09, 2011, 07:44:48 AM »
Ok,  I am starting a new game and I have modified the game.   One of the things I have done is drop the Missile lancher reload rate from 6 down to 4 and also deleted three of the missiles the game generated as I wanted class 3 and class 5 missiles.   I then generated several new missiles for these launchers and now I am

Error 3201 was generated by DAO.recordset.  You can not add or change a record because a related record is required in the Table Missiles.

This confuses me as I still get the vessels and I generated the new missiles from the standard missile generation tab.   Is there a way to add these missiles to the Table Missiles?

Were your modifications done using SM Mode or direct changes to the database?
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #516 on: December 09, 2011, 02:48:04 PM »
PS @ WHCnelson - it's easier to uncheck autogeneration of research/techs at gamestart than to fiddle it after the fact. ^^

The "previously controlled by" doohickey on the Galactic Map does not save after you close the map, no matter what you do. So far as I can tell.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #517 on: December 09, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »

That is a database error. Did you by any chance delete anything from the database?

Steve

Offline Mel Vixen

• Commander
« Reply #518 on: December 12, 2011, 01:11:27 AM »
version 5.55: It might be just a fluke but am i supposed to have the ability to build size "1" Jumpdrives that costs actually nothing (read 0 sorium, 0 duranium)? I mean i am pretty short on Sorium for "big" drives so i will have to use these for a bit because i also have a great Jump-efficiency (currently 16 and less then a year to 20)... actually there is another oddity there. When i switch from Military to Commercial jumpdrives the efficiency drops by one step thus my Commercial drives only get a efficiency of 12.
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #519 on: December 12, 2011, 03:50:30 PM »
Commercials are supposed to have less efficiency.   Free drives is weird, lol... but even with your tech you can only jump like, FACs. Oo

Offline Mel Vixen

• Commander
« Reply #520 on: December 12, 2011, 11:37:47 PM »
Actually a efficiency 12 Commercial drive can move a 6000 ton ship. 8000 if i get to the next level. This means i can move a small transporter or a frigate even thought i have the longer sensor blackout. 
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #521 on: December 13, 2011, 01:52:57 AM »
Even with jump efficiency 4, a 6000 ton commercial drive only costs 4 wealth. They've always been absurdly cheap. ^^

Offline scvn2812

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #522 on: December 13, 2011, 01:28:07 PM »
I received an error regarding Engines. As my print screen did not take apparently and the error went away after I hit the next time increment, I am reciting it from memory. Essentially it was headed by "engine not found" and contained the phrase "object does not exist." The following turn my engineers salvaged 10 Conventional E0 engines from alien ruins.

Offline Molotof

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #523 on: December 13, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »
Hi, first post for me.

I had lots of : Error in CheckForRuins Error 3421: Data Type Conversion error. 
my game version is 5. 54
With some search on the forum i saw that a little changement in Database will fix this.
I have Access but not the Database password, so i will be glad if somebody that can help contact me via PM.

Excuse my approximate English.

Offline Shemar

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #524 on: December 15, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »
"Error in ExecuteOrders: Invalid procedure call or argument" error when TG is trying to execute a command to join another TG that no longer exists.    Bug possibly affects other/all types of commands that use another TG as a target.    Possibly even commands that target colonies that no longer exist (for example if they are abandoned after the command was queued).   

Version: 5. 5. 5

Steps to reproduce: Take a TG with at least 3 ships.    Detach two of them.    Order one of the detached ships to join the TG of the other detached ship.    Use "Combine with other Task Group" to merge the second detached ship back to the original TG.    Now the first detached ship has an order to join a TG that no longer exists.    Advance 5 seconds.    Error occurs.   

Easy fix: Check to see if TG still exists before attempting to execute a command that targets a TG.   

Ideal additional fix: When a TG ceases to exist because it joins or is absorbed by another TG, automatically convert any orders targeting it to target the joined TG.  Although that may not always be desirable so it bears some further thought.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:12:51 PM by Shemar »