Author Topic: rotating crew  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Michael Sandy (OP)

• Commodore
  • M
rotating crew
« on: January 05, 2017, 03:32:40 AM »
k, this is probably a noob question, but if I want to rotate a crew of a terraformer or other slow facility, can I just rotate the crew, instead of taking that huge and expensive facility offline to fly sloooowly back to base so the crew can have R&R?

Do I even need to worry about their morale, or is that just an RP consideration?

For that matter, if I have a warp point monitor, and I don't want to waste the fuel on shipping it to a colony, or even have it off station if I can avoid it, is there a way of doing a crew rotation, so I just need to move a personal transport, not a 100k ton facility?

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
Re: rotating crew
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 03:46:19 AM »
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=4835.msg49967#msg49967

The only way to avoid shore leave on a warp point etc. is to use a recreational facility ship.

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 10:53:24 AM »
Morale does not affect terraforming or fuel harvesting rate, and the game won't even give messages about such ships having low morale.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 02:31:00 PM »
The only commercial vessel that can suffer moral effects are survey ships. But to be honest for myself the difference in speed is not enough for me to ever be bothered by fixing it. I tend to run survey carriers and so when the ships doing the survey start to suffer I let them suffer until they finish their tasks and return back to the mothership.