Author Topic: Ruined City?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Elvin (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
Ruined City?
« on: March 30, 2010, 02:51:55 PM »
Well, after winning my first ever system from the hands of evil aliens (possibly precursors? I'm still not sure how to check if they are/were) I came across a planet with 101 ruined instillations on it. It had been guarded by two ships that I presume were PDCs, as they didn't move. So I brought up some xenoarchaeologists, as well as 4 engineer brigades. They started recovering instillations, but then something I hadn't expected happened: They discovered a Ruined City. This is apparently an event that stops the gametime from continuing, however I cannot for the life of me work out what's so special about it. It appears on the populations list in System view, but that's it.

tl;dr: What is a ruined city?

On a slightly unrelated note, do combat-dropships have to have a troop transport bay as well as the drop pods, or not?

Thanks!

Offline AtomikKrab

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
Re: Ruined City?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
well thats odd... you should have gotten ruined city right away, it should go

survey planet -> find x y (Abandoned Installation, ruined city) -> xenoists decipher -> installations for looting. might be a bug

Offline Bobarossa

• Leading Rate
  • B
Re: Ruined City?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:17:20 PM »
Regarding dropships, I read a thread somewhere on troops, transports and dropships.  I believe the troops will lose morale much more quickly in drop ships than in transport bays.  I think the ideal is to get the troops there in the transports and then load them into the dropships for the assualt.  Haven't done a invasion yet so I'm going from my memory of that thread.