Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 263715 times)

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 01:23:50 AM »
Oh baby, the new line of FleetScan vessels is under construction.  They should help, with an effective range an order of magnitude higher than current systems.

Offline Arwyn

• Gold Supporter
  • Commander
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 11:30:41 PM »
Currently, the Terran Confederation is 20 years into the game, playing with real stars and gates on all points (no jump drives). Found three Terran normal worlds within 5 jumps of Sol, 7 total colony worlds. System next door to Sol is named Bonanza, for the googleplex of minerals sitting on the seven (!) mineral rich worlds there. The biggest problem facing the Confederation is not enough revenue. We simply cant seem to generate enough wealth to keep research running full tilt along with industry and moderate ship building. Its proving to be a serious issue, but the government is reluctant to cut back on research right now. Huge amounts have been spent on improving the economy, but we consistently have issues with periods of economic stagnation.

Only one discovered NPR so far, the friendly NPR and I are on trading terms. One Methane breathing race is lurking in the outer fringes of explored space, but no contact yet. I am HATING the Swarm, found them in five systems so far, and have only cleaned out two. Lost a bunch of ships on the 2nd encounter due to them be RIGHT on top of the jump point. Ouch! Lost half the battle fleet, the most important loss being the fleet collier, as there arent any shipyards capable of building it, as they are in the process of upgrading the current warfleet to more advanced models. Double ouch.

Still finding robotic ships sailing the void in several systems most have been dispatched easily, two more distant systems still have guardians, but both systems have nothing of interest in them. The Rhakshasas (Precursors) are dangerous, but we haven't seen a large fleet of them for the last 10 years. Mining is going well, industry and transforming are proceeding along. Mars has 23 million people on it, as well as some auto-mines and research stations.

The military consists of two Battle Squadrons of two missile cruisers, three missile destroyers, one area defense cruiser, and two point defense destroyers, one collier, and one tanker. The battle fleets are complimented by three patrol squadrons of three fast attack missile frigates each, with a further two system defense FAC squadrons, and three large fighter stations hosting six squadrons of fighters.

Current Naval Headquarters concerns are that there are insufficent combat assets in the Battle Squadrons to deal with the Swarm and Rhakshasa naval assets encountered. More ominously, the friendly Mostoles Cartel is fielding a similar sized warfleet, while their civilian shipping and government cargo sector is five times that of the Confederacy.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 07:36:53 AM »
Just found a very wierd system...
It is a star with a bunch of planets. And in the middle of those planets is another start with some more planets. There is a third start orbiting the first star very far away from the center, and that star has another star orbiting him >.>
The system has a total of 6 bodies whit a colony cost lower than 10 of which 2 only need some more oxygen.

EDIT: Oh great, there are three wrecks in here. And the system is one jump away from the sol system :(. and my fleet consists of one defenseless missile cruiser which was outdated once it was finished building.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:38:59 AM by Dutchling »

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
binary stars aren't so rare :)  i love them meself.  Especially the ones with oodles of habital worlds.  Havn't seen a trinary star system though... 

Offline Napoleon XIX

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »
Well, out of 12 systems, I've found about three binary and one quaternary system.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 09:57:42 PM »
Must be near time for a civil war in my game ...

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 02:40:17 PM »
A stable wormhole opened up 4 jumps from Sol.

I'm scared
  :'(

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 02:58:43 AM »
Anyway, double post.

Ships were attacked in a new system, sent my military over there after they destroyed a geosurvey ship. Now we're running down enemy ships while they pummel us with strength 9 size 1-6 missiles.

The mercury is rising.

The following users thanked this post: Steven Wargames

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »
Just startet up a new non-human campaign. It (of course) took ages to find a planet suitable for the race I had in mind:
- A hydrosphere for roleplaying reasons covering at least 50%
- High G (2+)
- warm enough for oxygen breathers
Guess I just had bad luck for taking so long, though it seems as if I hit the jackpot now: A quanary system with a LP at every star, travel times of about 15 days (at ~4000km/s) without using those, not too much but plenty of ressources to start with ... and three jump points all leading into nebulae. Damnit. I didn't desperatly set those nebulae; I didn't even explore the JPs until five years into the game, but I managed to roll up a level 2, 5 and 11 nebula each. Talk about RNG.

I'll make sure to guard my home system with lots of missile bases, noone coming here will be prepared for *that* xD

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »
A quanary? Do I have my terms wrong, or do you mean 4 STARS ORBITING EACH OTHER?

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 11:40:03 PM »
thats what it would mean, but quanary sounds funny.  I like quaternary systems, but wikipedia (read: multiple stars article) gives Quadruple and Quintuple for 4- and 5- star systems.

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 11:46:07 PM »
The max number of stars I've seen orbiting each other was a trinary (Chrome says that word doesn't exist...) system, and that was only once. How high can the number go?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 12:32:28 AM »
The max number of stars I've seen orbiting each other was a trinary (Chrome says that word doesn't exist...) system, and that was only once. How high can the number go?

4. There are only 4 tabs on the System screen for stars.

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 03:54:39 AM »
A quanary? Do I have my terms wrong, or do you mean 4 STARS ORBITING EACH OTHER?
Haha xD Pardon my sorry english, I do mean 4 stars =)

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »
Nothing wrong with your english.  Scientific jargon is confusing in any language.