Author Topic: Captured ships  (Read 1594 times)

Offline a1s (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • a
Captured ships
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:02:33 AM »
I have several questions on the topic:

1)can a captured ship be disassembled for science purposes? (like components or maybe like wrecks)
2)how do I get my boarding party off a ship that doesn't have troop carrying modules? (which, let's face it, is the only kind of ship you'll ever want to board  :wink: )
3)what is the requirement for not losing readiness on boarding? do I need to completely knock  their engines out?
4)I heard there's a possibility of aliens surrendering, what does that require?
Terran Federation needs you oO000
to edit the Aurorawiki

Offline a1s (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • a
Re: Captured ships
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:20:05 AM »
Well I'm still wondering if there's a simple way to get troops off a ship, but you can add a a ship with drop capability to your newly acquired ship and tell this new fleet to drop troops onto a planet.
Terran Federation needs you oO000
to edit the Aurorawiki

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:04:19 AM »
In my new 4.9 game, I am far from the tech level I would need for this, but in my former 4.7 game, my 30.000t BBs and BCs each had space for a company of Marines, a single cargo handling system and a boat bay with a small dropship that could carry that company to a disabled enemy vessel.
The Marines would stay aborad the BB/BC, not loosing any readiness and only board the dropship just prior to launch.

Disassembling alien ships: Just scrap it at your shipyard. WARNING: Only 90% sure this will work
Reembarking troops: Um, I realy don´t know. I just assumed (up until now) that after a successfull boarding, they will do this automaticaly.
Boarding chances: Steve posted a formula somewhere, I´m too lazy to look it up right now :)
Surrendering: When you conquer/whipe out the last colony of an alien race, their ships will surrender (combat capable ships might continue to fight, i.e. missile ships _with_ missiles, beamers).

Boarding is introduced here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1680#p15830  and here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1680&start=15#p16049
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline forsaken1111

• Leading Rate
  • f
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:38:36 PM »
How do you scrap ships at a shipyard, by the way?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:44:50 PM »
Issue the ship (or the one towing it) a 'move to' command to the colony with the shipyard, wait for it to arrive, open the (F2) 'Population & Production' screen, choose the 'Manager Shipyards' tab, select the shipyard you want to perform the scrapping operation (I believe it needs to be big enough to accommodate the ship), select 'Scrap' as the Task Type, and a list of ships at the colony will appear in the dropdown box.  Highlight the one you wish to scrap and hit the 'Add Task' button.