Author Topic: Ruins/Ancient Artifacts  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Cavgunner (OP)

• Lt. Commander
Ruins/Ancient Artifacts
« on: June 18, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »
Do planets with Ruins produce Ancient Artifacts?  If so, at what population level does the the world in question begin producing them?

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
Re: Ruins/Ancient Artifacts
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 06:47:11 PM »
From the creator: The demand for these is handled like any normal trade good but they are only produced by colonies with ancient ruins. The amount produced is equal to the level of the ruins (1-10) multiplied by the pop in millions.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 07:22:23 PM »
Also when the ruins are fully exploited and there are no more things to recover then the planet will not produce ruins.  It helps to have left a couple of things that have not been restored so that the planet will produce the trade goods.

Brian

Offline Cavgunner (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »
Thanks.  Unfortunately, I explored all the ruins on my planet in question years ago.  Any way I can fix this in the SM?

Offline Cavgunner (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 07:50:33 PM »
Also, since I *want* Engineer units on new planets anyway, how in the world can I prevent this from happening again?  To clarify, I am talking about the Ancient Artifacts trade item.  It doesn't make sense that they would just *poof* once the ruins on the planet are explored.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 07:55:45 PM »
There is a Random Ruin button on the F9 System window when in SM mode. This will add a random number of ruins at a random level to the selected body.

I don't think you can prevent it other than removing the engineers before all the ruins are gone.

Yeah, there should probably be a flag that says whether a body can produce artifacts that stays after the ruins are gone.

Offline Cavgunner (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »
Thank you.  Still kind of annoying though!

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 08:59:28 PM »
Hm, it seems to me artifacts should be produced from explored ruins, rather than untouched ruins.

???