C# Aurora > C# Suggestions

Shipyard Capacity - Only have Continual

(1/3) > >>

Treahblade:
Now that you have the option to do a continual capacity upgrade to a set limit, why do we have the other specific options? It makes no sense to ever use the ones that tie up the shipyard for a specific time as CC allows you to switch to something else without loosing progress.

Are the others used for role-play reasons or is there some advantage to the ones that tie up the yard?

nuclearslurpee:
The specific options do not change the SY size until the task is finished, which means it will take longer but not require population, etc. until the task is done which can sometimes be useful. I would prefer to have this be an input-your-own-value instead of the fixed selections though.

Erik L:

--- Quote from: Treahblade on December 26, 2023, 04:33:11 PM ---Now that you have the option to do a continual capacity upgrade to a set limit, why do we have the other specific options? It makes no sense to ever use the ones that tie up the shipyard for a specific time as CC allows you to switch to something else without loosing progress.

Are the others used for role-play reasons or is there some advantage to the ones that tie up the yard?

--- End quote ---

Some of us like the precision?

Zap0:

--- Quote from: Erik L on December 27, 2023, 02:11:01 PM ---Some of us like the precision?

--- End quote ---

Since C# you can just enter a target capacity it expands to, it's not like in VB6 anymore.

I agree with OP, the fixed expansion amounts don't have a purpose anymore. They're a little bit slower, and their theoretical advantage of only consuming workers once the whole expansion is done is an insignificant edge case not worth the complexity of having both options. Given how Steve codes the game, fewer cases are better, too.

Droll:

--- Quote from: Zap0 on December 27, 2023, 03:18:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: Erik L on December 27, 2023, 02:11:01 PM ---Some of us like the precision?

--- End quote ---

Since C# you can just enter a target capacity it expands to, it's not like in VB6 anymore.

I agree with OP, the fixed expansion amounts don't have a purpose anymore. They're a little bit slower, and their theoretical advantage of only consuming workers once the whole expansion is done is an insignificant edge case not worth the complexity of having both options. Given how Steve codes the game, fewer cases are better, too.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I've never had the need to use the fixed options in C# so I wouldn't mind those getting removed.

Instead I would prefer that we have a "add slipways until X" option instead as it can get annoying for FAC shipyards to have to refresh the task every production increment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version