C# Aurora > C# Suggestions

Shipyard Capacity - Only have Continual

<< < (2/3) > >>

lumporr:
For what it's worth, I like to use the fixed increments to estimate how long certain expansion jobs will take, since it doesn't show the estimate for continuous expansion, but it does for the increments, IIRC.

Napier:

--- Quote from: lumporr link=topic=13422. msg167554#msg167554 date=1703773659 ---For what it's worth, I like to use the fixed increments to estimate how long certain expansion jobs will take, since it doesn't show the estimate for continuous expansion, but it does for the increments, IIRC.

--- End quote ---

This makes up most of the cases I still use those fixed options for.  If I'm working on getting a new, larger ship class ready, it's useful to get an idea how long it will take to get a shipyard ready for it.

Steve Walmsley:
I also used fixed expansions when population is a problem, so I am not using population until it is the size I need.

alex_brunius:
Maybe it would make sense to have shipyards only requires population (workers) based on the size of the ships they are tooled to build (including currently retooling to build)?

That way you could have idle/mothballed shipyards, and they will man up only the moment when you need them to actually build something.

If your making the counterargument that the workers working on shipyard expansion should be modelled too, then they should be modelled for set size expansion as well IMO.

Steve Walmsley:

--- Quote from: alex_brunius on February 26, 2024, 05:47:47 AM ---Maybe it would make sense to have shipyards only requires population (workers) based on the size of the ships they are tooled to build (including currently retooling to build)?

That way you could have idle/mothballed shipyards, and they will man up only the moment when you need them to actually build something.

If your making the counterargument that the workers working on shipyard expansion should be modelled too, then they should be modelled for set size expansion as well IMO.

--- End quote ---

It's a possibility. I must admit, when I am in trouble population-wise I sometimes tow unused shipyards somewhere else, like in orbit of Venus, and maybe dump fuel refineries there too once I have sufficient harvesters. This is effectively the same thing with less hassle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version