Author Topic: Galaxy Maps  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Minarin (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • M
Galaxy Maps
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:12:10 PM »
I've been watch Alfapiomega's let's play and I've noticed his galaxy map fills the screen but when I maximise mine, the area not previously revealed stays blank which makes the screen hard to read

Only thing I can think of is that because I use two screens. Any idea?

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
Re: Galaxy Maps
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »
Your primary monitor has less resolution than your secondary monitor? Yeah, I think that's the problem.

The workaround I use is to make the larger screen my main display in windows control panel.

Offline Minarin (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 04:20:58 PM »
Had a feeling that was an issue. Tried switching and while its improved, it cuts off around the 5 day button.

Never mind its fixed its self somehow.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:24:29 PM by Minarin »

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 12:04:18 AM »
Had a feeling that was an issue. Tried switching and while its improved, it cuts off around the 5 day button.

Never mind its fixed its self somehow.

I have noticed that if you launch full screen applications (for example another game) while Aurora is active a similar problem appears until you restart Aurora.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:27:36 AM »
I have noticed that if you launch full screen applications (for example another game) while Aurora is active a similar problem appears until you restart Aurora.

I get the same problem in Aurora after playing Civ V if I exit straight from a Civ game into Windows rather than exiting to the main menu first and then to windows. Unfortunately, I don't why this happens.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:01 AM »
The problem also seem to appear when you are running a fullscreen application in the background, for example using alt+tab to get back to windows.

Trying to understand how graphics dlls and drivers work is one big can of worms :(