Author Topic: function of the differents ground units  (Read 1131 times)

Offline SilverWolf54 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
function of the differents ground units
« on: January 05, 2014, 09:08:57 PM »
hi im new to the game, still try to understand the game (going throught my 10 practice game ;D)

so im was working in building my army and im was wondering what are the function or posible uses of the differents ground units?

im know the Construction Brigades are used for construction of facilities and for recovery of alien ruins. 

combat engineer and marines are best use for attacking/defending and boarding PDC (only for engineer) and ships. 

Replacement Battalions are use as reinforcement or to recover ground units on planets

a garrisons are used for conquered planets ( dealing with unrest)

but im still dont know what function or uses could have Asault, Heavy, or Mobile infantry batallion could have or which is better?

also does the NPR or the spoiler do planetary invasions ?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:13:34 PM by SilverWolf54 »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: function of the differents ground units
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 09:58:56 PM »
The wiki lists the stats if all ground units http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Ground_units scroll down to where it says ground units 6.20
Basically mobile infantry has moderate attack, high defence, assault infantry has high attack moderate defence, heavy assault has very high attack and defence.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
Re: function of the differents ground units
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 10:42:01 PM »
You need attack points to conquer an enemy, but you need defense points to hold them and suppress rebellion. For my part I build garrison battalions for every colony to keep the peasants from revolting, and when I'm conquering an NPR i'll drop a division of assault and a division of mobile infantry. So far that's worked. Can't say yet if there isn't a better way.