Author Topic: v1.10.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 8174 times)

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: v1.10.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2020, 03:48:38 PM »
I get "No Image found for station: AIStarStation001.png" when starting the game on a fresh install for the first time. This error no longer appears after starting a new game and saving. Not that serious overall, but probably very confusing for new players.
Confirmed

Temporary fix:

Paste and Copy one of the station images to your desktop
rename it AIStarStation001.png
Cut and Copy from your Desktop to original Aurora station folder
Start Aurora

Should be fine.

Alternatively install AI graphic pack you can find in the forum.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »
The function number: 2193
The complete error text: reference to an object not set on an object instance
The window affected: Economy/shipyard
What you were doing at the time: Selecting "refit" order without selecting a shipyard first.
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma: .
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well:  Completely new

Just try to select "refit" with no shipyard selected and you will get couple of these errors. The errors appear also if you select auto refit or repair orders before selecting the shipyard.

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2020, 04:27:18 PM »
Reported by a Discord member:

When an Aether Rift is in the game, pressing save gives an error - "No such table: FCT_AetherRifts" - the correct name is FCT_AetherRift with no 's'

Checked with DB browser, and indeed there is only a table named FCT_AetherRift without an 's' in the end.

Confirmed and Fixed. This is a game-breaker for Invaders option so don't use Invaders until next patch.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:00:37 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2020, 05:37:23 PM »
The "minimum available" checkbox in the movement orders tab is not working correctly. To reproduce: Have 2 military academies and a freighter TG with 50kt cargo capacity (so they can transport 0.1 academies per trip). Select a move order "pick up military academy (min 1 available)" on Earth and "unload all installations" on Luna. Then loop this order more than ten times. The expected behaviour is that after 10 runs the order will abort, because only 1 Academy is left on earth.  But the complete order goes through and I ended up with 0.6 academies on earth, which is less than the minimum (1) specified.

The function number - N/A
The complete error text - N/A
The window affected - naval organization window, movement orders
What you were doing at the time - see above
Conventional or TN start - TN
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easily reproduced
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - N/A
This is WAD.  The minimum is what you want to load not what to leave behind.  There was still one academy present so the load order was accepted.  What you need to do is specify a minimum greater than what you intend to leave behind, in this case 1.4 since your ship can carry 0.4 installations.

There's no events triggered when completing orders when ship have "Standing orders".

I guess it's due to ship technically have orders still, but I'd still need to know that the ship is done doing what I told it to do. Maybe slightly modified message could be used.
Especially for join fleet it should still trigger a message, given that any standing orders in the original fleet is removed when joining new fleet.

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Events
What you were doing at the time: Testing
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma: .
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well:  Completely new
The problem with that is that ships running on standing orders would issue an event every time they cycled.  The message spam could be substantial.  I do agree that 'Join fleet' and 'Join as sub-fleet' should produce a message regardless.

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2020, 05:49:28 PM »
The "minimum available" checkbox in the movement orders tab is not working correctly. To reproduce: Have 2 military academies and a freighter TG with 50kt cargo capacity (so they can transport 0.1 academies per trip). Select a move order "pick up military academy (min 1 available)" on Earth and "unload all installations" on Luna. Then loop this order more than ten times. The expected behaviour is that after 10 runs the order will abort, because only 1 Academy is left on earth.  But the complete order goes through and I ended up with 0.6 academies on earth, which is less than the minimum (1) specified.

If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - N/A
This is WAD.  The minimum is what you want to load not what to leave behind.  There was still one academy present so the load order was accepted.  What you need to do is specify a minimum greater than what you intend to leave behind, in this case 1.4 since your ship can carry 0.4 installations.
What you're saying can't be true, because it even accepts the load order if only 0.7 academies are present and you set "minimum available" to 1. This was how I got to 0.6 in the first place because the fleet has a transport capacity of 0.1 academies as described in the post. You should try it before jumping to conclusions.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2020, 05:54:05 PM »

What you're saying can't be true, because it even accepts the load order if only 0.7 academies are present and you set "minimum available" to 1. This was how I got to 0.6 in the first place because the fleet has a transport capacity of 0.1 academies as described in the post. You should try it before jumping to conclusions.
I thought you were using larger freighters.  Sorry about that.  In any case, even if the 'minimum available' load order was working as intended, setting it to 1 would still leave less than one installation when was finished.  Having it be the amount to leave behind would make loading exact amounts of items problematic.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »
1.10.0 bug remains from 1.9.5
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Tactical map
What you were doing at the time: Interacting with objects on the map
Conventional or TN start: N/A
Random or Real Stars: N/A
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Trivial

If you right click on any object on the tactical map it brings up a context menu.  If you then right click any empty area it uses that same menu.  This persists even if you switch to a different system.

Offline Fistandantillus7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
  • Discord Username: Fistandantillus7#1567
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2020, 06:06:13 PM »

A "a freighter TG with 50kt cargo capacity" = 0.2 academies per trip

2 available. Is 2 >= 1? yes. Load 0.2
1.8 available. Is 1.8 >=1? yes. Load 0.2
1.6 available. Is 1.6 >=1? yes. Load 0.2
1.4 available. Is 1.4 >=1? yes. Load 0.2
1.2 available. Is 1.2 >=1? yes. Load 0.2
1.0 available. Is 1 >=1? yes. Load 0.2
0.8 available. Is 0.8 >=1? No.

0.6 should not be possible.

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2020, 08:06:14 PM »
I tried to replicate the Problem with low-chance-to-hit PD I reported in 1.9.5

The good news is that reduced size Gauss-Turrets can hit fast missiles,
but the displayed Chance-to-Hit is of by a factor of 100.
Attached db has Mars defending against 100kkm/s Missiles form Earth

To test with different chance-to-hit by enabling different active sensor (changing the missile tracking bonus)
Screenshot shows 800 Shots with "68%" Chance-To-Hit hitting only ~5 Missiles of a Salvo of 10, which corresponds
with a chance-to-hit of 0.68% which is more likely

Can confirm this based on my test. This is just a display issue. In my case, a 3.83 base hit chance (based on calculation) is displayed as 383%. The actual sample hit chance is 250/6000 ~= 4.16%.

Attached DB for my setup. Same as usual, the firing fleet is on Earth and FC and targeting are set ready. The defending fleet is at Mars.

The interception happens with 2 identical ships, using 600km range BFC, without ECCM, controlling 500 10% gauss turrets with 6 shots each, against missiles whose speed equals the turret's tracking speed, with ECM 6. Thus the theoretical hit chance is

Code: [Select]
( (100% * 590 / 600) - 60% ) * 10% = 38.3% / 10 = 3.83%

The save is right after a interception, showing 250 hits with all 6000 available shots. Additional salvos can be fired to further investigate.

Offline Fray

• Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2020, 08:12:29 PM »
Error message on every construction cycle. See the Dominion of Man game in the attached DB.

The function number - 28
The complete error text - 1.10.0 Function #28: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected - Tactical
What you were doing at the time - Producing installations and researching. Nothing else since it's early in a game.
Random or Real Stars - Random
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - One-off.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - Three years.

Confirmed and Fixed
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:18:10 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2020, 08:38:06 PM »
Getting reference is not set to instance of object in function 2169 until reload.

Multi-nation conventional start, one empire researches high-density duranium, this weird tech dispersion mechanic kicks in and all others get a free level of armor, including an empire that was currently researching an armor tech (that it then got for free) and had other stuff queued after that tech - those techs are now gone from the queue and not in the list of researchable techs.  Another empire that also was in the process of researching an armor level but did not have anything queued for that particular scientist has no issues or errors.

Seems there's no special case handling for what to do with queued tasks if a research project is completed this way.
The kicker: the error does not appear anymore after saving and reloading after first getting it and the techs missing from the queue/research list are now back in the research list.

DB attached.
Should not be able to reproduce, what I did was to just open the research tab for the japanese or create or delete any research project with the japanese and I'd get it.  Went away after restarting aurora.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2020, 10:12:57 PM »
Loading small amounts of colonists to an empty ship takes just as long as loading the whole ship

The window affected - naval organization window, event window
What you were doing at the time - loading colonists on earth
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - First day

To reproduce:

Create a colony ship with 100,000 cryo capacity and 2 cargo shuttles
Load Colonists on Earth, with a 5,000 colonist limit
Advance time 5 days.
Time advances 3 days 22 hours.
Naval organization shows that 5,000 colonists are loaded.
Load colonists on earth, delete colonist limit
Advance time 5 days
Time advances 3 days 16 hours - 4 hours less than the first load.

Retesting to confirm:
unload all your colonists. 
Load 80,000 colonists at Earth (20,000 capacity left)
Advance time 5 days
time advances 3 days 22 hours
Load 10,000 colonists at earth (10,000 capacity left)
Advance time 5 days
time advances 14 hours
Load 10,000 colonists at earth
Advance time 5 days
time advances 8 hours.

The amount of time taken seems to depend on how long it would take to completely load the ship, regardless of the requested load amount.  Note that the time does seem to be properly reduced when topping off a partially loaded ship. 

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2020, 10:39:11 PM »
Loading small amounts of colonists to an empty ship takes just as long as loading the whole ship

The window affected - naval organization window, event window
What you were doing at the time - loading colonists on earth
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - First day

To reproduce:

Create a colony ship with 100,000 cryo capacity and 2 cargo shuttles
Load Colonists on Earth, with a 5,000 colonist limit
Advance time 5 days.
Time advances 3 days 22 hours.
Naval organization shows that 5,000 colonists are loaded.
Load colonists on earth, delete colonist limit
Advance time 5 days
Time advances 3 days 16 hours - 4 hours less than the first load.

Retesting to confirm:
unload all your colonists. 
Load 80,000 colonists at Earth (20,000 capacity left)
Advance time 5 days
time advances 3 days 22 hours
Load 10,000 colonists at earth (10,000 capacity left)
Advance time 5 days
time advances 14 hours
Load 10,000 colonists at earth
Advance time 5 days
time advances 8 hours.

The amount of time taken seems to depend on how long it would take to completely load the ship, regardless of the requested load amount.  Note that the time does seem to be properly reduced when topping off a partially loaded ship.

I recall it was like this in VB6 too. Loading time is fixed no matter how much cargo is loaded. Although indeed it does not make sense.

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2020, 10:51:39 PM »
Another bug related to crew quarter sizes. While the crew quarter sizes for really short deployment times have been fixed, it is still possible to have negative available crew quarters occasionally

The window affected - class design window
What you were doing at the time - testing

2 examples below:
10 crew (2 engineering spaces without anything else), 0.1 months deployment time

75 crew (14 engineering spaces and 1 bridge without anything else), 14 months deployment time

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2020, 10:54:36 PM »
I recall it was like this in VB6 too. Loading time is fixed no matter how much cargo is loaded. Although indeed it does not make sense.
Thank you for reminding me.  Failed loading orders for freighters also take the full time.