Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 53964 times)

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2020, 06:24:24 AM »
I currently have a save where every time I try to open the game it gives me a few error messages. 
1.  11.  0 Function #1333: The given key was not present in the dictionary
1.  11.  0 Function #1341: The given key was not present in the dictionary

This only began after the above bug with AI ships attempting to ram and failing.    Again, I have a save that will produce these errors the moment you load the game.

Could you post that save? and also the previous one showing the failing ramming attempts if that was a different one. The load error may be unrelated to the ramming, but seems worth to look into in case it is not.

Edit: Never mind, see now you did.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:26:38 AM by Bughunter »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2020, 08:21:33 AM »
I just thought I should copy paste this here from the original thread it is in, as a sort of me too to previous mentioned bugs.

Bugs:

If you apply any special capabilities that are not infantry-only to an infantry unit, all special capabilities for that unit are removed ... not just visually, but in battle as well. Their cost is retained; you pay, but don't get. If you apply only infantry-only capabilities to such a unit, it will keep the special traits. So genetically enhanced mountain troops or marines work just fine, but try using extreme temperature or low gravity, and you'll just get plain infantry.

Missing features:
Officers commanding superior formations have no effect on the performance of subordinate formations. At a minimum, they provide no training, offensive hit chance, defensive hit chance, artillery, or construction bonuses. At a blow, the most important reason to have any formation hierarchy at all disappears.

Morale bonuses from training are extremely advantageous in combat, as they affect both hit chance and chance to be hit. However, if an officer commanding a formation is replaced for any reason, and if the next commander lacks a sufficient bonus to training, then all morale above the cap for that commander is reset to 100 in the next build phase. What takes a year to earn is lost in five days. There is, in fact, no such thing in Aurora as training; there are only temporary boosts.

I have not tested the italicized bug (first of 3 above).

Offline baronjutter

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • b
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2020, 10:41:03 AM »
Quote from: Bughunter link=topic=11565. msg135842#msg135842 date=1591097064
Quote from: baronjutter link=topic=11565. msg135653#msg135653 date=1590976032
I currently have a save where every time I try to open the game it gives me a few error messages.   
1.   11.   0 Function #1333: The given key was not present in the dictionary
1.   11.   0 Function #1341: The given key was not present in the dictionary

This only began after the above bug with AI ships attempting to ram and failing.     Again, I have a save that will produce these errors the moment you load the game. 

Could you post that save? and also the previous one showing the failing ramming attempts if that was a different one.  The load error may be unrelated to the ramming, but seems worth to look into in case it is not.

Edit: Never mind, see now you did.

Yeah I don't think they are related, just the save captures both at the same time.   I notice I can play the game for like 40 years with zero bugs like either of these.   Fighting the precursor robot things would ALWAYS give me the ramming bug since 1. 9. 3 if I every successfully fled a precursor battle.   What spam of "The given key was not present in the dictionary" almost always comes immediately or shortly after an NPR is generated in a game.   Either the turn after, or upon savings, quitting, and coming back to the game.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2020, 10:33:34 PM »
Ships with damaged engines moving at 1km/s seem to still act as if they are moving at their top speed when it comes to hit chance in combat. This is with a spoiler race invaders so maybe they have something I don't know about.

Attached is DB to check it out. Their engines were shot out by missiles.

Failed to reproduce
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 08:38:09 AM by Bughunter »

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2020, 11:48:51 AM »
Hmm, I am pretty sure that I saw this mentioned before, but failed to see it while scanning the bug reports here - I want to confirm it:

Crew Training rating of commanders in the Naval Admin Command chain does not help with training. I have put single fighters produced at pretty much the same time in different commands (GEN, NAV (4 step chain), SRV, IND and LOG), each with a 0 training commander and they reached 100% training status pretty much at the same time.

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2020, 12:01:24 PM »
Hmm, I am pretty sure that I saw this mentioned before, but failed to see it while scanning the bug reports here - I want to confirm it:

Crew Training rating of commanders in the Naval Admin Command chain does not help with training. I have put single fighters produced at pretty much the same time in different commands (GEN, NAV (4 step chain), SRV, IND and LOG), each with a 0 training commander and they reached 100% training status pretty much at the same time.
"Training" status is fleet training, not crew training. I don't think anything is supposed to modify that except for being put into a training Naval Administration.

Crew Training affects Grade.

Offline TeSparg

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2020, 03:22:06 PM »
Quote from: Demonius link=topic=11565.    msg135527#msg135527 date=1590890895
The function number: 222, 224, 2339, 2608, 1654
The complete error text: object reference not set to an object instance
The window affected: Starmap
What you were doing at the time: Crossing an unex JP
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? point
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? one-off, though experienced same in 1.    10.    0 campaign
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: short Campaign, 7yrs

When crossing the JP from Wolf 358 to Teegardens Star, a series of error Messages popped up - at least 6 or 7 repeats of 222, 224, 2339 an 2608 followed by a single 1654.   
I assumed this was a NP creation with some Errors.     Flying over the indeed available N/O Prairie world in the System Shows a 22500t Ground Force and a Th 1315 EM 13123 Population.   
No star ships at all, though.     Either these are Raksha? (Pic in Diplo Shows somethign that Looks aquatic) or the NPR failed to create their space Forces due to the Errors.   

DB added, my Jump Ship in Orbit of Teegardens Star II, wondering what just happened.   

Addendum: Just noticed the game created 2 distinct races on that same planet.     It's really getting mysterious.   

Reported
The function number: 222, 224, 2339, 2608, 1654
The complete error text: object reference not set to an object instance
The window affected: Starmap (or the starting window)
What you were doing at the time: Crossing an unex JP
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.    '
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? one-off, reloaded and tried again didn't get it, but I got it again later the same game
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 30yrs campaign

I think we have the same bug.   

I have Rakhas generation turned no

When crossing an unexplored jumpoint , 4 errors of #222, #224, #2339, #2608 appear 8 times in that order, afterwards error #222 ,# 224 , #2339 and a #1654 appear in that order a total of 36 errors one after another with no pause.   
This happened two times in the same game I can't reproduce it if I reload and enter the same system , BUT they happened once to a system that had fairly habitable planets, and one had an alien population that was fairly small (15000 EM) and is getting smaller for some reason.   
Don't know if the alien population that is getting smaller is a consequence or another bug.   
I have a database, after the errors, maybe it can help? But I can't reproduce it.   
The bug was when I jumped in Alpha-Centauri from Sol
Edit:
I don't have the "Generate Non-TN races only" option on. 
I managed to conquer the alien race, and it seams the planet has a dangerous atmosphere because of CO2 I think. 
They lack everything except an insufficient amount of infrastructure (probably produced by trade or something like that).   But have access to all the resources like a homeworld. 

Added to existing report
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:49:54 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2020, 10:46:24 PM »
What you were doing at the time: Moving fleets around
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easily reproduced with my current game, have not tested more generally
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 22 years

A fleet composed of a self-jumping-only commercial ship and a non-jump-drive commercial tanker is able to traverse a non-stabilized jump point at will. See fleet CV-AUX Aestuum 002, which as of the saved DB just came from Byrd and can readily be sent back. (It may fail on the first few minutes after loading since it literally just came through and needs to let the drive cycle.)

The tanker was added to the fleet by instant build, using residual build points from the game start. I wouldn't expect that to be related but mentioning for the sake of completeness.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:45:01 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2020, 11:19:52 PM »
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easily reproduced with my current game, have not tested more generally
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 22 years

A fleet composed of a self-jumping-only commercial ship and a non-jump-drive commercial tanker is able to traverse a non-stabilized jump point at will. See fleet CV-AUX Aestuum 002, which as of the saved DB just came from Byrd and can readily be sent back. (It may fail on the first few minutes after loading since it literally just came through and needs to let the drive cycle.)

The tanker was added to the fleet by instant build, using residual build points from the game start. I wouldn't expect that to be related but mentioning for the sake of completeness.

'Self-jump only' refers to squadron jump. So as long as your JD on any of those ships is large enough for the tanker, they can do normal jump fine. This should be WAI.

The following users thanked this post: Ulzgoroth, skoormit

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2020, 11:47:49 PM »

I have Rakhas generation turned no

Turned on I presume?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2020, 06:42:54 AM »

'Self-jump only' refers to squadron jump. So as long as your JD on any of those ships is large enough for the tanker, they can do normal jump fine. This should be WAI.

There is a small chance of this being an old bug from VB6. I remember reading something about it.

Offline Magellanic

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2020, 09:52:02 AM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: Normal play
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy to reproduce

Use maintenance: Disabled

In the attached database, my fleets are not ending their overhaul properly due to the fact that I have disabled maintenance when creating the game. 

GEV Indomita 001, 002, 003, 004 fleets - all have a single ship undergoing overhaul.  They have been doing that for the past 4 years, with the maintenance clock being 0 for a long time.  I have 759k MSP available on the planet, and the Maintenance Facilities Capacity is 150k tons - with the ships themselves being 6. 1k tons. 

Since I have disabled maintenance at the start of the game, I can't use these ships anymore unless I turn on Maintenance in the game settings and then run a few days. 

The bug fix I'm suggesting is that ships in games with disabled maintenance should instantly reset their clock if going into Overhaul to avoid getting stuck. 

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 08:54:32 AM by Bughunter »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2020, 09:57:02 AM »

Oh wow. I had no idea. This changes a lot.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2020, 10:05:42 AM »
The UI allows you to click the Create Task button on the GU Training tab on a colony with no GFCC.
This will not place a visible task in the list.
However, from then on, you will get a "divide by zero" error (1.11.0 Function #2186) whenever you open the Econ window (any tab) for that colony.
The only way I know to clear the problem is to manually delete the task from the database.

In the attached database, the error occurs on colony ADE-A10 SOR.

EDIT: To clarify, the database deletion that fixes the error is from the table for queued ground unit training tasks. There is no record in the table for current ground unit training tasks.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:01:59 AM by Bughunter »

Offline wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • w
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2020, 10:33:01 AM »
The title of the Tactical window does not update automatically if it's not maximized. Hitting the refresh tactical button will update the date and racial wealth the current values, but as soon as you increment time, they become out of sync again.

If the window is maximized, the date, time, and wealth update automatically.

Failed to reproduce
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 04:10:19 PM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: skoormit