Author Topic: How do i extend intended deployment time?  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Shininglight (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
How do i extend intended deployment time?
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »
Hullo there, I believe that th title is rather self explanatory. Are there any parts or ship pieces i can add that will allow me to have ships like my survey and JCS boats working for extended times?
Admiral Damien James Winter, Defender of the Proxima Gate.

Offline tryrar

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
Re: How do i extend intended deployment time?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 10:37:20 PM »
upper left corner, there's a field that you can change for the intended deployment time

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 05:41:40 AM »
That only helps with crew quarters, so crew morale. You want to have enough Engineering Spaces so that there won't be too many breakdowns - and if there are some, you will then have enough Maintenance Supplies to fix them. Finally, you want enough fuel to be able to cruise around for a dozen billion kliks or so, especially for Geosurvey ships.

For the first wave of extra-Solar surveys, I design separate Grav/Geo survey ships so the individual ships don't get too big and then a Jump Tender that's also a fuel and supply storage ship, allowing the TG to remain on mission longer. Since the JT needs to be bigger than the other ships in the squadron, this makes sense. Later on, you will have the technology and shipyard sizes to create a multi-purpose survey ships that you can just send off and not worry about.

Offline niflheimr

• Lieutenant
  • n
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:44:23 AM »
For 6.0 I went with jump-capable 3kt specialized survey ships. If you use high efficiency - high tonnage engines they can do 3-4 surveys before returning for refuel , overhaul and crew leave.

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
I meant crew morale, thanks for the help all, i didn't realise that that table had an input option.

Offline WHCnelson

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 10:20:51 AM »
      Ok, I noticed this Post after I had a game going and noticed loss of Moral after the Crew (mnths) past the Deployment Time for the class of vessel.   So, I went back to a saved point in the initial design / start up phase.   Now, my question is this...    For the Construction Vessels  How do I give the crews Shoreleave without going to a colony or homeworld.   This will save time going from the Homeworld to an unexplored Warp Point to build the Jump Gates?

Also, it is now interesting in that fuel becomes critial to the game...   I've had ships almost run out of fuel doing system surveying or having my military vessels do Task Force Training...

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 01:35:01 PM »
You want to give your jump gate constructor shore leave? If that's what you want I say don't bother. I haven't noticed any negative effects in my construction ships when they start losing morale. The time it takes to construct a new gate doesn't go up. Unless you put a survey module or a weapon on it there's no reason not to order them to go on multi-year tours of duty on a ship rated for only 3 months. Just don't let them tell their union rep.  :)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 02:38:38 PM »
(Supreme leader is sitting in his office throwing darts at pictures of various alien races to figure which one to invade when he hears a knock on the door) "Yes?" (the door opens to show a frantic looking secretary) "Sir the jcs crews are all refusing to work, we have no jump gates being built to expand our easy transit between the colonies!" (supreme leader says) We don't need any more jump gates, we're surrounded by aliens and have all our colonies linked, use the JCS ships as target practice for our dreadnoughts. (Secretary nods and leaves)