Author Topic: Earth World Map  (Read 6290 times)

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Re: Earth World Map
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »
Update of the Earth map needed <smile>

Offline Naismith

• Chief Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 07:48:10 AM »
Dutchling has stated an interest in controlling New York.
So I would like to retroactively unclaim the us.

Edit: see my next post
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:01:07 AM by Naismith »

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 08:34:09 AM »
I won't have a chance to work on the image until the weekend, expect updates to go online sometime then.

Offline Naismith

• Chief Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 10:53:04 AM »
I have agreed to give Dutchling New York in game.
Please disregard my last post, and transfer NY to the NDR.

Edit: fixed typo
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:27:39 PM by Naismith »

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 11:08:37 AM »
I have posted an image of the NDR on my post in the Empires thread.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 05:36:54 PM »
You have orange dots in Canton held territory, they would need to be removed, I think you aim was hongkong and macua and something to the north. Also your control of Taiwan will eventually cause friction amongst the Chinese people, we do not control it now but you will find it could be a sticking point. Fun if you want to do that but just a warning.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 12:56:53 AM »
I don't own any of the dots. Just the light and dark green territory.
Taiwan is in my 'I didn't know we (NL) ever owned that' category, so I'm willing to trade for it.
Like all your research labs or something reasonable like that  ;)

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 02:05:53 AM »
Hahha the Chinese people do not trade for territory that is rightfully there's. We will have fun with that friction then <smile>

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 07:18:29 AM »
- Added NDR: I left out two islands south of India because they didn't even exist on my map. I appreciate the effort you put into that map of yours, but it was of too small resolution and distorted in its x/y coordinates, so I just repainted the stuff. I didn't want to put giant globs of teal over various ten-pixel islands and cities, so all the dutch territory isn't easily visible without opening the original-size image, but they're all in there. If i missed anything historical or storywise important, tell me and I'll add it. I also understood that the USA territories only included New York?

- Added PSCR: Hope I hit the various Chinese province borders good enough.

- Renamed Inuk into Shadowveil

- Resortet the name and colour list by length of name so nothing writes over South America.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 11:16:35 AM »
- Added NDR: I left out two islands south of India because they didn't even exist on my map. I appreciate the effort you put into that map of yours, but it was of too small resolution and distorted in its x/y coordinates, so I just repainted the stuff. I didn't want to put giant globs of teal over various ten-pixel islands and cities, so all the dutch territory isn't easily visible without opening the original-size image, but they're all in there. If i missed anything historical or storywise important, tell me and I'll add it. I also understood that the USA territories only included New York?
No, the USA included all of the territory (excluding the dots) shown on the map as, New Canada stated that they would unclaim all of the US. And I really had no idea where Canada begins and the US ends. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I didn't put any effort in the map at all. The image was on the Dutch Wikipedia page of Dutch Empire. The english page has a slighlty smaller Dutch Empire somehow.
If you don't want to you don't have to change the US. But it would be appreciated :)

EDIT: Also, you can change 'Various previously dutch controled areas' to 'All previously Dutch controlled areas'
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:25:00 AM by Dutchling »

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 11:30:03 AM »
Wikipedia is a funny thing =)

Naismith posted that I were to disregard his previous post and give you New York, so that's what I did.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 11:36:02 AM »
Could you make the teal spot a little bigger than? I can't even see them. I don't mind if you want to wait for Naismith for confirmation on his part though.

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 11:42:05 AM »
You can right click -> show image (assuming you operate under windows) to see it in its true size. New York is six pixels large - that's larger than several complete islands under your control. I don't want to put someone to just glance at the image under the impression that it's more than just New York, though I see your reasoning. I'll enlarge it later today (as well as the three cities noted for Argentinia, East India and South Africa - they're all a couple pixels large at the moment).

*edit*
That is, unless Naismith objects. At least for New York I'll have to convert a couple reds into teals.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:43:48 AM by Vynadan »

Offline Naismith

• Chief Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 11:49:04 AM »
Sorry. I didn't know Dutchling wanted anything other than New York. I'm ok with giving him any of my US territory that he wants, But if it's in Canada it's mine. I just reclaimed the US because I can't give away what I don't have.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 11:59:13 AM »
So to avoid further confusion: the American area on my Wikipedia map belongs to the NDR, except the dots and if part of it is actually in Canada, I obviously do not claim it either.
I really do appreciate your map though!