Author Topic: Spacetime bubble: wiki says it's there, but I don't see it.  (Read 1436 times)

Offline obsidian_green (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • o
Is this a feature no longer current in 7.1? I do what the wiki says, but I find no option for turning on a spacetime bubble like it says. I just want 5 sec increments to take 5 seconds so I can get through enemy missile attacks a bit more timely. They can wait a minute to have the option for calling reinforcements.

Offline Detros

• Commander
Re: Spacetime bubble: wiki says it's there, but I don't see it.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 03:10:03 PM »
Activate SM
open System map
switch to Contacts tab
look under Show Tac Intelligence button

If you have small screen and are using Reduced Height Windows mode it is mostly out of the window area but via zooming in printscreen I have checked it says the right words. I have also tried it and yes, it is clickable even in this mode.

EDIT: I have found the info about this feature via searching the forums. Try it too next time :) . The answer is here.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:12:20 PM by Detros »

Offline obsidian_green (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 03:49:00 PM »
Thanks.

The omission from the wiki instructions (which I found on "Game Slowdown" page) is that, if we aren't playing with SM mode on from the start, we must reopen the System Map window in order for the relevant button to display, which is inconsistent from, say, the grayed-out buttons on other interface screens like "unlock design" in the Class Design window. It isn't enough to open SM mode and click on the Contacts tab as the wiki instructs.

I did search the forums, btw (as I have before all "how to" questions thus far). "Spacetime bubble" (the spelling from the wiki page) did not return the results of "space-time bubble" maybe?

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 04:37:57 AM »
"Instant research" buttons are another thing that appears only when you reload the page with SM turned on.