Author Topic: Battlestar galactica: 12 colonies homeworld system  (Read 571 times)

Offline Kadanz (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • K
Battlestar galactica: 12 colonies homeworld system
« on: August 10, 2023, 05:45:14 AM »
It took a few hours to figure out using the spacemaster to make a new system, but I've been making progress.      I've ran into a few limitations however.      You can't seem to make a barycenter in space for a double binary starsystem to work properly.      So I had to make due with what I got.      If any one knows if this is possible or if there is a creative way to simulate this, please let me know?

Finished the first star system.      Still need to tweak the planet sizes to make them a bit smaller.      I don't have much information to go on when it comes to hard numbers.      Only the gas giants and some smaller moons have some mentions of actual sizes.     

The rough idea how all the systems would look together.      Still need to tweak distances:

Edit: Image links no work  :-[
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 05:50:53 AM by Kadanz »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Battlestar galactica: 12 colonies homeworld system
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 07:28:57 AM »
Image links are broken as an anti-spam measure. You can post normally once you have 10 posts.

Meanwhile, take a look at this:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10581.0

Offline Kadanz (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • K
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 08:00:08 AM »
I've followed steve's playthrough.  But I don't think he included the homeworld system into the game did he?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 09:02:42 AM »
I've followed steve's playthrough.  But I don't think he included the homeworld system into the game did he?

The AAR linked is a test campaign from Feb 2020, not the recent Twelve Colonies campaign. It includes the full home system.